NCL 3/4 Rate to Alaska for $249?

M.Gardener

I just spotted a special on the Norwegian web site for 7-day cruises to Alaska (various departures) that they call 3/4 rate. They start at $249 - could this be right? What is 3/4 rate? Do you have to buy something else, too? I can't find more info on this anywhere else - does someone know what's up with this?

-Mary

:rolleyes:

3/4 rate is for the 3rd and/or 4th person sailing in the same cabin. So, 1st 2 passengers in the cabin will be at a certain rate and the 3rd and 4th will be AS LOW as $249. Try going to the NCL website and plugging in some cruise dates and see what comes up. For Alaska, the lowest fares will be for the first few and last few sailings of the season. We have to travel when the kids are out of school so we never get great 3/4 deals. Good luck.

I think it's the 3rd/4th passenger rate (If you book 3 or 4 people in a room, the 3rd and 4th person are cheaper than the first 2 people.) I could be wrong, but because of how cheap it is, it makes the most sense. Maybe someone else will have a different idea.

I thought that price was too good to be true to and the way they list it, it does look like 3/4 price and not 3rd and 4th passengers. I called and it does mean 3rd and 4th passengers, I suggested they change the wording. I'm just glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

With 4 adults in the rooms, was it a bit tight, or did you have a suite?

It was a little tight in the regular room, but we got along fine. I think the first and second persons were about $1,200 each so we didn't want to pay for another room.

The family next door had the same size room with 2 adults and 3 teenagers. We heard some arguing going on in their room.

Archived