Land and Sea Tour Soufriere???

Hdog76

I am interested in Carnival's land and sea soufriere tour, and upon researching, I could not find one from a private tour operator. Cosol does not do the catamaran part, and serenity was like 450 dollars! I was wondering if there is an OPEN van tour with sea part. I am hesitant sitting in a closed van for 4 hours!!! Anyone have any ideas or reviews from this tour via carnival

I have NO idea where the 450 came from, I must have looked at the price for something else....upon deeper research I found serenity's website, and THINK I am going to go with them for their regular land and sea tour.....it sounds great...thanks for the info!

• 3 weeks later...
I am also interested in the Land and Sea tour offered by Carnival but found limited review on it.

Any information on the Land and Sea tour with Carnival is much appreciated.

My wife and I took what I believe is the same tour through Celebrity on November 30th during a Millennium cruise. They call it SL72 at $92 US pp; I don't know if it can be booked direct or not. Their brochure description reads:

"...This combination tour offers a comprehensive look at St. Lucia's lush green mountains, banana valleys, rain forests, fishing villages, and the town of Soufriere. By bus, you'll drive through Castries past the market and cathedral. At Morne Fortune, you'll have a panoramic view of the island before traveling through Cul de Sac Valley and the Roseau banana plantations. At the fishing villages of Anse-La-Raye and Canaries, you may see fishermen repairing nets and building fishing canoes. The tour continues along a winding road near the rain forest before coming to Soufriere, where the dramatic Pitons rise more than 2,500 feet from the sea. You will visit the world's only drive-in volcanco, the Sulphur Springs and see its bubbling pools letting off puffs of steam and the lush Diamond Botanical Garden and Waterfall, rich in history and vivid exotic color and flora. Then head to Soufriere bay where you will board a catamaran for the sea portion of your tour. Enjoy a delicious onboard lunch while cruising to the tranquil cove of Anse Cochon for swimming in the warm Caribbean waters. You will cruise past beautiful Marigot bay before returning to your awaiting vessel. Note: The order of the tour may change. You will either start by bus and return by boat, or start by boat and return by bus. The swimming location may change due to weather conditions. Minimum age to participate is 4 years old."

We thought it was excellent and pretty much as described above, but a bit long (7 hours). Highlights were the botanical garden and the "drive-in" volcano, if you don't mind some hydrogen sulfide smell. You'll learn that all the tour drivers have to have a PHD degree (pot hole dodging!).

Be aware that part of larger groups will do this tour in reverse order (catamaran trip to Soufriere and then land tour by mini-bus). We had the land tour first, which took a while and we didn't get to the boat and lunch until after 2PM. The swim stop was nice but the snorkeling was not stellar. We actually drove into beautiful Marigort Bay, a main outdoor location for filming of Dr. Doolittle, on the return lag, arriving back at the pier around 4:30, just in time for a quick walk through the shopping area before "last call" boarding.

We have photos and other info if anyone wants to know more.

M & J

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Chihuaha

I'm thinking about taking the land and sea excursion to soufriere with Celebrity and I had a few questions for you. Could you tell me if during the bus portion, the bus stops at lookouts on the way so we can take pictures? Also Do we have a nice view of the pitons when we are going to the volcano by bus? A view from a bit higher? For the sea portion, do we go close to the pitons? do we have enough time to take pictures?

Let me know

Thanks

• 1 month later...
I am also interested in the Land and Sea tour offered by Carnival but found limited review on it.

Any information on the Land and Sea tour with Carnival is much appreciated.

I've done it with Carnival and I've done it with Serenity. I highly recommend that you select Serenity. John and everyone on staff is awesome! It's personalized, fun, and very organized.

Archived