Just back from Colourful Coasts problems with cabin 6552 and 6554

tuppence

We've just returned from our first cruise on Island Escape and I thought I would share my thoughts with other cruisers!

We are lucky enough to have had several cruise holidays before this one and have always enjoyed ourselves. We had a very good holiday this time as well and have to say that the staff on board Island Escape are second to none! We loved the shows and the entertainment in the bars was really good. We were all inclusive and the wine was lovely and there was no problem in ordering pints of beer. In fact even on our last day on board bar staff were always around the deck asking if we wanted a drink. Although drinks were easliy available we didnt see anyone who appeared to have drunk too much!:)

There was only one thing that we didnt like and that was our cabin. We knew they would be small so that wasnt a problem and the bathroom was a bit tatty. We wouldnt have minded that but we had a major problem with a loud banging/tapping noise inbetween our cabin wall whenever we were at sea .The cabins were 6552 and 6554 and were very quiet cabins. We asked for someone to come and look and he took some ceiling panels down but to no avail. In the end we were given earplugs but at night the noise was awful and my husband who can sleep anywhere resorted to earplugs and a pillow over his head and still couldnt shut it out. I just gave up and managed with very little sleep. The ship was full so no chance of changing cabins. If anyone has booked these cabins for a future cruise I would check to see if they have sorted out the problem or chose different cabins!! :(

Sorry to hear about the problem with your cabin, but glad to hear that despite that you still had a good time.

When do you know what cabin you are in, when you check onto the boat? If so I guess would only know if we had those cabins if booked the cabins in advance? Wonder if it was the same through out the different decks below and above your cabin?

We are off on the Christmas Carousel in three weeks are there any other tips you can give?

Sorry to hear about the problem with your cabin, but glad to hear that despite that you still had a good time.

When do you know what cabin you are in, when you check onto the boat? If so I guess would only know if we had those cabins if booked the cabins in advance? Wonder if it was the same through out the different decks below and above your cabin?

We are off on the Christmas Carousel in three weeks are there any other tips you can give?

Unless you pay the extra to reserve a specific cabin, you find out your cabin when you check in at the departure port.

Sorry not to reply sooner have had computer problems. We actually paid to reserve our cabins together so we actually chose 6552 and 6554 which was a mistake. I'm not sure about other cabins and nobody on reception told us other people had complained about this noise so hopefully it was only in the wall between the two of ours. Someone at the airport commented how nice the cabins were so we think we were just unlucky in ours.

Our main advice would be to book several nights in the retaurant where you have to pay extra ( I'm hopeless have forgotten the name! ) The meal in there was just superb and so worth the extra. As we were all inclusive they bought new bottles of wine out and kept refilling our glasses and at the end of the evening we just signed a few receipts, fantastic! We tried to book again but they were completely booked up so my advice would be to book a few nights straight away and then cancel if you decide you like to use the buffet menu. We loved it for breakfast and lunch but prefer to make more of an occasion for our evening meal and be waited on.

Also get to the show lounge at least 15 mins before the show starts as it gets full up and the shows are good.

Enjoy!:)

I'm sure we had that cabin once before :o..about 5 years ago, click click click click but wasn't all the time?

Last June / July me and her indoors booked the whole 2 weeks in the "Oasis" restaurant :D including every 5th meal is free and then there is a special night with discount so in all that brings it down to about £8 per head extra and we always have the window seat bookerd so that we can Dolphin watch during the meal :cool: and the waiter (Vivian an Indian Guy real name Rato who in fact we still e mail) we had for the 2 weeks was absolutely brilliant the last trip and he was tipped very well at the end of the cruise.

We've just returned from our first cruise on Island Escape and I thought I would share my thoughts with other cruisers!

We are lucky enough to have had several cruise holidays before this one and have always enjoyed ourselves. We had a very good holiday this time as well and have to say that the staff on board Island Escape are second to none! We loved the shows and the entertainment in the bars was really good. We were all inclusive and the wine was lovely and there was no problem in ordering pints of beer. In fact even on our last day on board bar staff were always around the deck asking if we wanted a drink. Although drinks were easliy available we didnt see anyone who appeared to have drunk too much!:)

There was only one thing that we didnt like and that was our cabin. We knew they would be small so that wasnt a problem and the bathroom was a bit tatty. We wouldnt have minded that but we had a major problem with a loud banging/tapping noise inbetween our cabin wall whenever we were at sea .The cabins were 6552 and 6554 and were very quiet cabins. We asked for someone to come and look and he took some ceiling panels down but to no avail. In the end we were given earplugs but at night the noise was awful and my husband who can sleep anywhere resorted to earplugs and a pillow over his head and still couldnt shut it out. I just gave up and managed with very little sleep. The ship was full so no chance of changing cabins. If anyone has booked these cabins for a future cruise I would check to see if they have sorted out the problem or chose different cabins!! :(

We had cabin 8026, we chose this because we were too late to get 8526. they are the same position but 8526 is on the port side and 8026 is on starboard side. We also had banging and creaking all night, it was especially worse on the Madeira to Morocco run. We never complained because we were on this ship in june and it was the same then, we thought it must be like that normally. However the wonderful staff make up for that. My only complaint was that they still have not bought any teaspoons, I did ask why they don't have them but nobody could give me an answer, it is near impossible to stir sugar into hot coffee with a 3 millimetre plastic straw. The scenic tours of La Palma and Madeira were just long enough at 4 hours and were awe inspiring, For me they over shadowed all the rest.

I'm sure we had that cabin once before :o..about 5 years ago, click click click click but wasn't all the time?

Last June / July me and her indoors booked the whole 2 weeks in the "Oasis" restaurant :D including every 5th meal is free and then there is a special night with discount so in all that brings it down to about £8 per head extra and we always have the window seat bookerd so that we can Dolphin watch during the meal :cool: and the waiter (Vivian an Indian Guy real name Rato who in fact we still e mail) we had for the 2 weeks was absolutely brilliant the last trip and he was tipped very well at the end of the cruise.

I would also recomend the dining restaurant the food is excellent and they must know it is because the head chef came every night to ask was all OK

I would make it my first thing to do when boarding and book all the nights at once and do ask for Vivienne he really is helpfull and pleasant

Archived