Ocean Princess Dry Dock Photojournal

Mimg Pao

Since we are sailing on the Ocean Princess on Dec. 18 from Shanghai, I have been periodically checking princess.com to see the progress of the name change, etc., while the ship is in drydock in Singapore.

As of quite recently (maybe even today) there is now a photojournal diary of the work taking place - I found this completely fascinating.

What puzzled me however was the fact that most of the workers working inside the ship did not seem to be native Singaporeans. I am just wondering if a whole contingent was flown in from the States:confused:

The OP is scheduled to be in Bangkok on Dec. 2 for its maiden voyage (after the name change) from Bangkok to Shanghai when we join the ship. This photojournal diary has really ramped up my excitement level.

Since we are sailing on the Ocean Princess on Dec. 18 from Shanghai, I have been periodically checking princess.com to see the progress of the name change, etc., while the ship is in drydock in Singapore.

As of quite recently (maybe even today) there is now a photojournal diary of the work taking place - I found this completely fascinating.

What puzzled me however was the fact that most of the workers working inside the ship did not seem to be native Singaporeans. I am just wondering if a whole contingent was flown in from the States:confused:

The OP is scheduled to be in Bangkok on Dec. 2 for its maiden voyage (after the name change) from Bangkok to Shanghai when we join the ship. This photojournal diary has really ramped up my excitement level.

From Singapore on December 2nd.

From Singapore on December 2nd.

Sorry Al, I should have checked - thought it was Bangkok as the OP will be sailing from Shanghai to Bangkok back and forth until February.

I know of course that you are on the maiden voyage.

Lynne

Archived