Upgrade from EE on Maasdam

buelah111

I am planning to book a cruise on the Maasdam in the next few days. Right now the best oceanview price is for an EE guarantee (no option to pick a cabin number). I have no problem with the idea of a guarantee. I'm not picky about location and I really like the idea of the possibility (small though it may be) of an upgrade.

I do have one concern, though, that I am hoping someone can help me with. There are two oceanview categories that have portholes instead of full windows. This wouldn't bother me too much, but my mother wouldn't like it at all. The two porthole categories are G and H. I am assuming these are a lower category than the EE guarantee, so there is no possibility of getting assigned one of these cabins. The price is currently higher, though, so I figured I would try and confirm. I know I can ask the TA when I book the cruise, but I thought I would check here, too.

Thanks for your help!

Regardless of the price, if you book an EE guarantee you will absolutely not be given a G or H ... or for that matter, FF or F. :)

I don't know why we often see a higher price on lower grade cabins, but my guess is that it is just to discourage sales of those categories temporarily.

There are two oceanview categories that have portholes instead of full windows. This wouldn't bother me too much, but my mother wouldn't like it at all. The two porthole categories are G and H. I am assuming these are a lower category than the EE guarantee, so there is no possibility of getting assigned one of these cabins.

According to HAL, an EE is a higher category than a G or H, so there is no way you should be assigned to G or H staterooms. It really doesn't matter what the current costs are.....they change from day to day and are based on criteria that no one in the free world can understand.

BUT, on the offhand chance that you would be assigned one of those cabins, just scream bloody murder to your TA or HAL or whoever booked your cruise. A guarantee is just that......a guarantee that you will receive at least an EE cabin.

Have a great cruise.

The EE cabins are perfectly fine and well located.

As for the G and H being more expensive, I have seen that as well many times and have always assumed that there may not be many of those left in the inventory. Thus, HAL raises the price with the hopes of generating more revenue than usual from these categories.

Archived