Wedding on Princess

bixy

Just wasting time in my count down to my next cruise and looking at Princess web site and found wedding cams for the different ships, very interesting watching people get married in 5 min intervals.

So my question is...... would you be married at sea and and beamed around the world?

My answer is yes how romantic and people who can't attend can watch in their own home.

http://www.princess.com/bridgecams/kp/crown_wedcam.html

hope this link helps

If I were marrying for a second time (very unlikely as I have been happily married for 21 years)yes I would want to get married on a ship. I have very little family so you could get married and have a honeymoon at the same time.

No way could I have done that on my wedding day , in fact cruising was not even in my vocabulary!!haha

With the cost of weddings these days, I think it would be so much cheaper to get married on board, and honeymoon at the same time....Great Idea.:)

Only thing is, you cannot marry on either the Princes ship running out of Australia. :(

Our daughter was married on the Sapphire Princess in 2007 on a 12 day cruise from Sydney to Auckland.

We were also on the Sun Princess in October 2008 on a cruise from Sydney to the islands and the Captain performed the marriage ceremony for his own son onboard.

We were on the Sun Princess in October & got on in Honolulu to cruise back to Sydney, though most people went Sydney - Sydney for 35 days.

One couple had organised to get married on Waikiki Beach on the Honolulu port day. They organised to get off early, went and had her hair done & collected flowers. Came back to the ship & got changed then had a limo take them to the beach.

Met celebrant there, got married then spent some time there. Back to the ship for a session with the on-board photographers. For their wedding reception they headed for a Laui with a group that had been organised through Cruise Critic (no-one they knew prior to the cruise). Back to the ship for 11pm sailing!

Then another 17 days back to Sydney - what a honeymoon!

They got to choose which photos they wanted in the last couple of days - easy peasy! I think their total cost was less than $2000 (but don't quote me).

:D

Hiya Traveller4fun

Yes, you can and we did! We were on the Sun Princess in June this year.

I had always wanted to get married at sea and knew Princess did it, but then found that Sun Princess and Dawn Princess when they travel out of Australia you cant. Sun Princess was then going to stop at Exmouth - so we thought on the beach, but alas the itinerary changed.

We had arranged a Sailaway Party for family and friends anyway so surprised them with a wedding at the party. Then had the Captain perform renew of vowels on board 1 week later.

It was fantastic and Sun Princess crew did a wonderful job. I would suggest you pre-book it from the cruise gift order form under celebrations and you select 3 preferred dates. They are usually performed late afternoon early evening, but not usually on formal nights.

They are held in the library - and they took the chairs out and put down red carpet, lots of fresh flowers, and a boquet for me and lapel pin for Carl, captain performed the ceremony followed by canapes and champagne. We also got a beautiful pair of champagne flutes. The photographer comes along and you get 1 of the protraits free in a frame and then we selected and bought some of the others. We could also have up to 6 guests and took some our new found friends.

We were the only ones that afternoon and were going to be the only ones that cruise. I do believe that another couple did it later in the cruise, but hadnt pre-booked, dont know whether there would have been as many fresh orchids left by then.

Here is a link to some photos of the ceremony

http://community.webshots.com/album/573802295SEIKhV

Can thorughly recommend it - it was beautiful and very romantic. Plus the Captain of the Sun Princess was lovely and I could certainly listen to his voice and that accent all day ;)

Jane

Hi Jane,

what a hoot, you looked like you guys had a ball, if I ever get my husband on board I will renew our wedding vows also, planning will be the hard I think, currently married for 8.5 years maybe might make it for 10 renewl on board. No I am not after a divorce but he gets cabin fever after about 4-5 days, so I am keeping an eye out for cruises that suit him.

Jo

Archived