Anyone purchase Carnival Cruise Dollars thru Citi Cards

pknapper

Sorry for the long post, did a search and didn't find anything.

I have a Citi card and rewards dollars that I will never use. I found Carnival Cruise Dollars that can be purchased. You get a 100.00 Cruise dollars for 90.00 so 10.00 off every 100 spent. In reading the terms below, it is unclear to me if this can only be used for a new booking, or if I can use to payoff a balance I have on a cruise? If anyone has used or purchased any thoughts would be appreciated.

Not valid for on-board credit. Cannot be booked through travel agent, must be booked at www.carnival.com. From the white-sand beaches of the Caribbean to the pristine landscape of Alaska, our fleet of "Fun Ships" cruises to well over 60 of the world's most beautiful destinations. Our ships sail to the premier ports in Mexico, the historic cities of Europe and virtually everywhere in between. Choose your itinerary and we'll show you these amazing destinations the way only a Carnival cruise can.

Important information about your Cruise Dollars These gift certificates must be used in accordance with the terms and conditions as follows: 1) This certificate is valid for its face value in U.S. dollars, only on Carnival Cruise Lines and can be used towards the purchase of any Carnival cruise. This certificate is not valid on any other cruise line, including any affiliate of Carnival Cruise Lines. Cruise Dollars can be used in multiples and may be supplemented with other acceptable forms of payment. 2) The recipient of this certificate must be 21 years of age or older and the recipient and any additional guest(s) must satisfy Carnival's additional requirements for passage. 3) Reservations must be made in advance and are subject to availability. To use towards the payment of a cruise follow the directions on the certificate. This certificate can only be redeemed through Carnival Cruise Lines at the phone number listed on the face of the certificate. Certificate can not be booked through a Travel Agent. 4) Changes to the reservation may be permitted, subject to availability and any other restrictions and any applicable cancellation charges. 5) This certificate is not replaceable and has no cash value if lost, stolen, altered, expired, photocopied or reproduced in any way. 6) The recipient will be required to mail this certificate to Carnival Cruise Lines at 3655 NW 87th Ave. Miami, Fl 33178 Attn. Special Programs MSRZ 356s. Certificates should only be mailed by certified mail. Carnival is not responsible for lost certificates. 7) This certificate may not be used to pay for the initial deposit, any government fees, taxes, onboard gratuities, games of chance and or similar activities. 8) This certificate is not redeemable for cash. It is void if sold for cash or other consideration. 9) Any tax liability, including disclosure, connected with the receipt or use of this certificate is the recipient's responsibility. 10) Carnival reserves the right to substitute ports, change itineraries or substitute ships on all itineraries. 11) Certificates may not be valid where prohibited or restricted by law. 12) Cruise passage is subject to terms and conditions contained in the Carnival Cruise Lines Term and Conditions of Passage Contract Ticket (copies available on request) including the procedures for resolution of disputes , which may take place in Florida, and the information contained in Carnival Cruise Lines current cruise brochure. By redeeming this certificate, the recipient agrees to be bound by all such terms and conditions.

TIA

We did this once and discovered, after we booked through our TA, that we had to book with the company specified. We ended up booking a 3 day through them. Next time, we just had them send us a reward check and we applied it as we saw fit instead of jumping through their hoops.

I used $700 worth on my last cruise (last week), and just sent in $400 worth for my next cruise. Mailed them into the address shown (certified mail) and they took that amount off my balance. No problem. They can not be applied as deposit.

I think it's a great deal, like free money for using my credit card (paid $0 interest or fees).

I used $700 worth on my last cruise (last week), and just sent in $400 worth for my next cruise. Mailed them into the address shown (certified mail) and they took that amount off my balance. No problem. They can not be applied as deposit.

I think it's a great deal, like free money for using my credit card (paid $0 interest or fees).

Thanks for the reply. We already have a cruise booked, with a balance on 2 cabins due 3/23. Thought I could save some money by doing this, just didn't want to get stuck with certificates I couldn't use.

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=giftcertificates&pid=FSD&cid=CC_Footer_66

carnival has their own funship dollars--dollar for dollar. I buy a $25.00 each pay to get my onboard spending prepaid. So far I have 400.00 with a few more weeks to go.

I buy one every other week and they are mailed to me the following week- Its my own fun time countdown calender.

The certificates say to mail them in but I have never mailed them in--I carry them with me and visit the pursers desk the first day onboard and have them placed on our account

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=giftcertificates&pid=FSD&cid=CC_Footer_66

carnival has their own funship dollars--dollar for dollar. I buy a $25.00 each pay to get my onboard spending prepaid. So far I have 400.00 with a few more weeks to go.

I buy one every other week and they are mailed to me the following week- Its my own fun time countdown calender.

The certificates say to mail them in but I have never mailed them in--I carry them with me and visit the pursers desk the first day onboard and have them placed on our account

I'm sure you probably know this already, but just in case... you can also purchase Funship Dollars and have them applied as an Onboard Credit to your booking, without having the actual certificates mailed to you, and then without having to go to the purser's desk? It's quite convenient this way.

I'm sure you probably know this already, but just in case... you can also purchase Funship Dollars and have them applied as an Onboard Credit to your booking, without having the actual certificates mailed to you, and then without having to go to the purser's desk? It's quite convenient this way.

Yeah I thought about that--but since I get so many certificates over the course of time-- I would hate to take all those confirmations to try to find one that is missing. This way by getting the certificates if I dont get it by the following friday I can call and ask---where is it.

Archived