USAir introduce CLT-FCO

scottbee

TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) -- US Airways Group Inc. said on Friday it will begin flying between Rome and Charlotte, N.C., on May 13.

US Airways already has a daily nonstop flight from Philadelphia to Rome. US Airways plans to run the new Charlotte flight year-round on a daily basis.

The Tempe-based airline will use the Airbus A330-300 for the new route. Although US Airways bills Philadelphia as its international gateway, its flights from Charlotte now include London Gatwick, Frankfurt, and Paris. It is adding a daily flight from Charlotte to Rio de Janeiro starting Dec. 15.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/US-Airways-plans-apf-783914133.html?x=0&.v=1

• 7 months later...

WOW!

I came over here to do a search on this flight, to see if I could figure out which style of Airbus A330 would be used from CLT to FCO. I had no idea that the May 13th flight (the one we are booking) is the very first flight out of CLT to FCO! :eek: Because this is a new itinerary, do you think that could be a problem for us because of delays, etc.?

NEVER MIND!

Just realized that the date of the article is December 2009. This is 2010, and we do not cruise until 2011, on Friday, May 13th. :eek: :o

So, having said that. Does anyone know a way to tell if a window seat has the bulky window edge sticking out over the seat, that prevents shoulder room? I'd like one where the window opening is slightly to the rear of the seat, freeing up more room. :) Had the opposite on my last flight over, and it really took up a lot of room, making my flight uncomfortable. :(

I think AgonyAir (USAir) has only one style of the A330-300:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/US_...irbus_A330.php

There is no reason to believe the chance for delay, cancellation, etc. will be any better or worse on this flight than any other USAir flight from CLT.

I didn't know which style of A330 until I read the above article. They have three styles. Now I know it is the A330 300. ;)

Agony? To date, we have been pleased with USAir.

The predecessor to USAir was Allegheny Air whose (well-earned) nickname as Agony Air.
Thus giving rise to the successive nicknames:-
  • Unfortunately Still Allegheny in reality
  • Unfortunately Still Allegheny in reality, why alter your signs?

They also swallowed America Worst.
'Twas t'other way round, save for the name change.

Archived