Vancouver restaurant needed

travelteam

for our CC pre-boarding meet and mingle dinner. Most folks are staying at hotels around the Canada Place and downtown area. Would be good if handicapped accessible, or minimial steps to enter, and good food at a moderate price to please all the folks. Any ideas? Oh yes, we're not cruising until September - but we're type A personalities :eek:and want to have this in place.

for our CC pre-boarding meet and mingle dinner. Most folks are staying at hotels around the Canada Place and downtown area. Would be good if handicapped accessible, or minimial steps to enter, and good food at a moderate price to please all the folks. Any ideas? Oh yes, we're not cruising until September - but we're type A personalities :eek:and want to have this in place.

If you're staying at Canada Place, the Transcontinental is next door (about 2 blocks) in Waterfront Station.

Last year our CC group met for a pre cruise dinner in Vancouver and the dinner was at the Kingston Tap House. It turned out really well and everyone was able to pay their own bill at the end which made it nice. It is located down town and here is the link to the restaurant.

http://www.kingstontaphouse.com/index.php

Enjoy,

Jon

We have twice had a pre-cruise get together meal with our CC group at Cin Cin, a wonderful Italian place on Robson Street right in the heart of everything. http://www.cincin.net/ The first time there were only 8 of us who went to dinner (we met for drinks first with the bigger group). The second time there were 20+ of us and they gave us our own private room. Really nice.

It is upstairs but there is an elevator. The next morning go for breakfast at the Blue Horizon. Best eggs benedict in the world. A bunch of varieties.

Some other places to consider that are good for groups:

The Pourhouse in Gastown

The Boathouse on English Bay

Italian Kitchen

also one of my favourites: Cardero's - though a little outside the downtown core (near Westin Bayshore).

As per a previous recommendation, I think Cin Cin, while very good, is on the high end, pricewise.

FYI: By law, all restaurants in Vancouver must be wheelchair accessible.

As per a previous recommendation, I think Cin Cin, while very good, is on the high end, pricewise.

I can guarantee you that my tab for two at CinCin was less than I pay most nights for a dinner out here in Seattle, or at the Rain City Grill in Vancouver last weekend. Or less than we spent in the first four nights in the Martini Bar on Infinity.

One of the best dinners I have had in Vancouver as well being treated like gold by their staff.

I can guarantee you that my tab for two at CinCin was less than I pay most nights for a dinner out here in Seattle, or at the Rain City Grill in Vancouver last weekend. Or less than we spent in the first four nights in the Martini Bar on Infinity.

One of the best dinners I have had in Vancouver as well being treated like gold by their staff.

I'm not disputing you. :) Just making a comment.

It often depends on what one orders.

thanks you all for the recommendations. I have passed them on to our cruise members on our M&M thread. After seeing all the menus I am now very hungry:D. We can see it won't be hard to select a restaurant for our pre-cruise dinner.

Archived