Sounds through cabin walls

texankhj

I have read so many threads asking about the sounds from halls, walls, ect. Brookstone sells a battery operated sound machine. I use it when I cruise, stay at hotels, ect. The white noise will drown out any noise, plus lull you to sleep. Good rest guaranteed. ;)

I,m sorry we are too noisy in the next room, we keep trying to keep it down but with all the smuggled booze and smoking on the balcony. Its hard to shut off the party every night. :p

oooh my bad you said white noise, not white trash noise. The best white noise is an open balcony door.

I have read so many threads asking about the sounds from halls, walls, ect. Brookstone sells a battery operated sound machine. I use it when I cruise, stay at hotels, ect. The white noise will drown out any noise, plus lull you to sleep. Good rest guaranteed. ;)

That's a good suggestion for people that have problems going/staying asleep. It's never been a problem for me but I have heard others complain and it's better than wearing earplugs!

That's a good suggestion for people that have problems going/staying asleep. It's never been a problem for me but I have heard others complain and it's better than wearing earplugs!

Better than earplugs is a snoot full of liquor. Works every time. La-la land as soon as I hit the sheets.

I thank you for trying to help out those who have posted about not being able to sleep...For what ever reasons. You tried to help, and hopefully those who are looking for help, will just read what you posted. But curiosity always gets me I have to read the other stuff too.

I think some people on here (like me) need to get more of a life. We spend way to much time playing on these threads. Some I swear just do it so they can post Snarky remarks. I don't think they mean harm, but to those of us who are new or kinda new, we don't always get their humor. (or lack of it as the case may be)

It would have been nice if this tread went on and on, with different ways to have rest while on a cruise. Well I guess the one guy said something about exercise... :eek:

Books on CD in the ears works, or the TV for 2 min, I am gone...

I have one more and it is sad, if you stop to think about it...

Pray...for some reason, I will fall asleep if I am in bed and start praying...and I am not praying to fall asleep.

Truthfully, we had our Cruise chalked so full with doing everything we could (and didn't get 'er all done in the 8 days) that there could have been Rumpy Bumpy, on the adjoining wall, and I wouldn't have heard it. But I would have thought, man that's weird, because my Cousin and my sister were next to my wall...Now on the other wall were Newlyweds, and we didn't hear them either. So they must have been tired also, or the Spirit has good Inside cabin walls :rolleyes:

Thanks Marie, I agree, we do need to help people to sleep. There are so many people that cannot sleep. I myself sleep great, but I do have white noise. This allows me to sleep well into the morning, when the noise levels come up. Praying is a sleep inducer for me also, the white noise just helps me stay asleep. It will drowned out any loud bumps in the night so you are not startled out of a deep sleep. As you know these noises happen whenever you are in a hotel enviroment.

Another big plus of the sound machine is it drowns out the snoring of Salty Dingo coming from the adjoining room.

Salty is going on my CC Group cruise Jan 2011, Do you suppose he will be pounding on the wall to see if I am still awake.

Ok that was assuming he would be in the next cabin :eek:

Doubt he will be making any more noise that the hubby, who will be up @ 4:30 as is his Bad work Habit :o

Salty is going on my CC Group cruise Jan 2011, Do you suppose he will be pounding on the wall to see if I am still awake.

Ok that was assuming he would be in the next cabin :eek:

Doubt he will be making any more noise that the hubby, who will be up @ 4:30 as is his Bad work Habit :o

Don't assume the pounding is to check on you... :p

But if you need checking on I'll bring my watchdog and station her outside your door!!

Sorry for the humor or snarky remark as one person has put it as this is for over fifty crowd that cant sleep.

Sorry I don't make the cut (only 47 now) but I'm already trying to think what our 50th birthday cruise will be. DW and I are 2 months apart in age so we can celebrate together,

Don't assume the pounding is to check on you... :p

But if you need checking on I'll bring my watchdog and station her outside your door!!

I was wondering if you would see this.

I could just see someone pounding on the wall to see if you are still awake.

Kind of like the Nurse coming in, waking you up to give you a sleeping pill :eek:

I am guessing if I am in the Cabin, I am in the shower or sleeping. Although we will have a little one with us, so in order for my Daughter, her Hubby and the older Grandchild to have fun, I may be back in the cabin rocking the little one to sleep, so no pounding on the walls, day or night. OK!

No watch dog needed. but thanks for the offer

I have always found that people are pretty respectful in the hall ways. Nothing worse than a busy hotel w/ happy guests walkng up and down the halls. The only noise that annoys me is the unattended groups of unmannerly adolescents running up and down the halls. But I also try to remember that it's their vacation too!

We love the balcony door open at night and listening to the waves crashing up against the ship.

I don't think you need to pack any little machines.

Archived