Formal Evening!

bela47911

Actually, many places where you have to pay to enter impose a dress code. Country Clubs prohibit cutoffs and t-shirts on the golf course. They have standards for entering the dining room especially on weekends.

Many fine restaurants also have dress codes. If you don't want to abide by the dress codes there, you are asked to go elsewhere.

thank you. you read/ knew the dress code/ rules before booking. if you didnt like them, you shouldnt have booked. simple as that.

I'm going to take a crack at how you got your username for CruiseCritic: you were dressed in your slacks and polo shirt on formal night on a Princess cruise and one table over some one commented to another, "at least there's 1 Happy Cruiser in the dining room."

You're very observant. As I sit in most Princess dr's, dressed as you describe, most of the guys are dining in their formal stuffy suits & tuxes & I'm as comfortable as can be knowing it's not a requirement. (even on formal nights). Plus the fact that I need not pack all the extra clothes & save on luggage fees. Most times I can get by with just a 22" carry on.

Archived