New Epic build pictures?

ddakrt

It seems like the last batch of Epic pictures were from the float out, did anyone find other new pictures since?

The only thing new seems to be the renderings on the Epic's main site, the front half of the "hat" is now painted in dark blue as oppose to white, perhaps in an attempt to hide the mass of the Courtyard area from the exterior.

Dunno personally what I think of the dark blue, it's no worse than the white before but I didn't find the Epic to be that ugly as some people think it does anyway.

Here's the pic:

1024x768-epicheroic.jpg

Anyone have other new pics?

Looking at the picture....epic is probably going to get even worse fuel economy than a regular cruise ship. It's not aerodynamic at all.

THAT...and she's twice the size..... :rolleyes:

and the Epic will still use less fuel per passenger then any ship in the fleet. ;)

Looking at the picture....epic is probably going to get even worse fuel economy than a regular cruise ship. It's not aerodynamic at all.

Aerodynamics are completely irrelevant to fuel efficiency in ship design. The fuel efficiency is completely based on hydrodynamics, because water is so much denser than air.

Aerodynamics are completely irrelevant to fuel efficiency in ship design. The fuel efficiency is completely based on hydrodynamics, because water is so much denser than air.

Ill take your word for it, as I know nothing about ship physics.

I just figured that a giant flat wall = huge air resistance = more fuel needed

Ill take your word for it, as I know nothing about ship physics.

I just figured that a giant flat wall = huge air resistance = more fuel needed

I know nothing about hydrodynamics neither, but I can't imagine the flat front of the Epic helps any. I've stood on the front of ferries without a barrier and the wind was wicked; it was very very hard standing in one spot, let alone walk forward.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I can see my balcony so exciting!!

Some facebook posts from onboard

Melissa On the Epic - this baby has one really smooth ride!

Melissa

Lots of exciting things really. We turned up our phone system for the sea trial and it's working well - and we also turned up the satellite as you can see since I am posting from my crrew cabin here aboard. It's cold out here but sunny today after yesterdays blizzard - we are looking forward to more successful tests in the next few days. The inside spaces of the Epic are really starting to come together and it's going to be gorgeous.

21 minutes ago · Report

Some facebook posts from onboard

Melissa On the Epic - this baby has one really smooth ride!

Melissa

Lots of exciting things really. We turned up our phone system for the sea trial and it's working well - and we also turned up the satellite as you can see since I am posting from my crrew cabin here aboard. It's cold out here but sunny today after yesterdays blizzard - we are looking forward to more successful tests in the next few days. The inside spaces of the Epic are really starting to come together and it's going to be gorgeous.

21 minutes ago · Report

Hi..the link doesn't work for me...can you help?

Just off sea-trial and must say I was well impressed with the comfort on board

Even as the ship was being put through its paces at no time did I feel it was uncomfortable

At max speed in a straight line it was as smooth as a baby..

Thank you, that is just what I wanted to hear!

Archived