Oasis St. Thomas - US Customs ?

On previous cruises, prior to disembarking in St. Thomas, all passengers had to present themselves to US Customs. Everyone had to go to the dining room and show their passports.

I imagine that part of the thinking behind the Eastern Carribean itinerary for the Oasis is they would go directly from Florida to St. Thomas and not leave the US. Thereby, they may be able to avoid this process. Can anyone on the Oasis please clarify if they had to go through this process?

Of course, I am on the Christmas cruise and they have moved the visit to the Bahamas from the end of the week to the beginning of the week. Since we are leaving the US prior to returning to St. Thomas, I would imagine for this cruise (and the New Year's cruise), everyone will have to present themselves.

6,000 passengers going through customs early in the morning could be quite a challenge.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Since St. Thomas is the first stop, you will not have to go through customs. This only happens if the ship visits a non US port first.

ok, are u sure you're not on the oasis with us? LOL you've been right on the money with all your responses. but then again, you're an experienced cruiser with accurate and informative posts. :cool::D

ok, are u sure you're not on the oasis with us? LOL you've been right on the money with all your responses. but then again, you're an experienced cruiser with accurate and informative posts. :cool::D

I wish I were there and not here getting into trouble. ;) Wait until you pull into Nassau tomorrow. That should be a sight. Hope that some folks get photos of the ship docked there.

I wish I were there and not here getting into trouble. ;) Wait until you pull into Nassau tomorrow. That should be a sight. Hope that some folks get photos of the ship docked there.

When we left St Thomas there were soooooo many locals standing @ the Crown Bay pier waiting for the ship to depart. When the Captain sounded the horn, they cheered like crazy...:D:D:D

As we left St Maarten, the passengers on the AidaVita, Carnival Miracle and Sea Princess were snapping pictures as if the ship were some movie star..... :D

On the Freedom 10/25/09 we did not (US Citizens, non US did)go thru any kind of immigration or Customs on arrival, CoCo Cay was the first stop then a sea day then St Thomas. Note Customs is only for items imported into the USA immigration is for people.

Actually, I think that we should have said is Immigration. Not customs. I have gone though immigration on RCI in St. Thomas when it was not our first stop.

Archived