Prices going UP!

mehitabel

Wow. So far, we've paid $355 LESS than the going rate on the Royal Caribbean website! Granted, we saved a little because we booked through USAA and had travel points, but nowhere near that much! I keep hoping the price will go down so that we can try for some OBC, but I'm just as grateful that we were able to get this cruise for the price that we did.

Do the prices always fluctuate? What, if any, rhyme or reason is there to raising the prices so steadily? They've been going up for the past week.

One of the great trade secrets in the cruise industry and the airline industry is inventory management.

It is based on historical data, current economic conditions, futures prices (such as oil), and projected industry economic conditions.

For example, you will find some cruises high prices...because they KNOW key weeks in the year will sell at darn near any price, other weeks will be more than 50% lower. Or, you may have bought an oceanviiew or inside at a good rate. They discover there is demand for your cabin but not the balcony...so you might get upgraded so they can re-sell your oceanview at a price the market is willing to pay.

Wow. So far, we've paid $355 LESS than the going rate on the Royal Caribbean website! Granted, we saved a little because we booked through USAA and had travel points, but nowhere near that much! I keep hoping the price will go down so that we can try for some OBC, but I'm just as grateful that we were able to get this cruise for the price that we did.

Do the prices always fluctuate? What, if any, rhyme or reason is there to raising the prices so steadily? They've been going up for the past week.

Our upcoming cruise that we were looking at prior to our last cruise definitely fluctuated

a JS dropped $300 while were on our last cruise so we had to book it:D

after booking and less than 3 weeks later the price has doubled from the original price we paid

They wernt selling suites so dropped the prices then sold out of JS and doubled the price

I've been watching the rates and have noticed the same thing. If you look at 3/4th occupancy rates, they have increased over the past week or so also. I've been keeping an eye on Princess and Rccl. I'm thinking it is a normal fluctuation due to the holiday season (eg; buying a cruise as a family gift ). Hopefully will see decreases after the first of the year during 'wave season'. Looking to book next summer, but waiting at this point.

Archived