Princess and tipping

bixy

Hi all,

I will start with I know this is a very touchy subject, but here goes,

as you can see I am cruising soon and think I have come across a some info that says : go to the pursers desk and ask for an envelope so that you can change who gets the money from your tips:

I also noticed somewhere where they did a break up of who gets the money.

My question is, as I am taking 2 children I would like for one of those tips to go to the people who mind the children in the kids shack. I am happy for the rest to go as normal but think those people always get forgotten when tipping.

Has anyone else heard of this or done this?

Thanks

I have no experience with Princess but what I have read/seen about the other cruiselines we have sailed with there is no bit of any auto-tip given to the kids club staff. A lot of the Americans seem to indicate that they give the counselors a cash tip,

I think the childrens services would have to be part of the tipping pool too...any staff member retaining cash tips who is found out risks the sack.

No, children's staff are on a specified income so tips are not an expected part of their income. Hence, there's no need to tip them, and they are not part of any of the auto-tipping arrangements.

The latter is also not possible as it would mean their income would be extremely volatile across cruises, some cruises have many children and some have few, and obviously tips can't be recommended to cruisers without children onboard.

Archived