Obstructed view

Glen&Kathy

How can you tell by a deck plan if you have an obstructed room or not? We are sailing the Constellation on 1/15 and purchased a guaranty balcony room. We received a cat 2C which, by my understanding, is the lowest balcony cabin. I do understand that the plan we chose was luck of the draw but I'm a little worried as we tend to enjoy spending time on the balcony.

Thanks.

Glen

A Guarantee gives you the class of cabin that you pay for, ie outside, balcony etc. probably from the remaining non picked cabins. That is why we always book exactly the cabin we want, and then we know where we will be.

I don't think you need to worry... I checked online at the plans for the Constellation and none of the balcony rooms have an obstructed view. Usually that refers to the outside staterooms without a balcony. The 2C are all on the Penthouse deck, some have larger balconies because they are in a corner. You may get upgrade to a higher deck. My parents always take the guarantee.

balconies should not have obstructed views. but if you want to check go to the deck plans on x's website and put your cursor on your cabin. a text description will appear and it will say obstructred view if thats the case.

Archived