"Kooshall" is "Cool Runnings"

jjk7320

I've read some posts from people who really enjoyed the Lido deck band Kooshall and thought they were not with Carnival anymore. The band had some member changes and had to change the name to Cool Runnings. The lead singer Kyron and the band leader/Keyboard player Tony, are still with the band. They are as awesome as always. They are on the Valor right now. If you want to see them you should do it soon because I beleive Tony will retire shortly.

They do not have another cd yet. the old cd is really a different band with just Tony the keyboard player. The singer now Kyron is much better. they have alot of new songs but no cd yet. when did you see the band?

They have put in for a contract extension until may 1 but I don't know if they will stay on the valor. They were to be there until march for sure but I don't know the exact date in march. You wouldn't happen to know Derek St Holmes(old singer for Ted Nugent) who grew up in Riverview, Mi. would you? He is a great person.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, We Were On The Valor On January 2nd On The Seven Day Cruise, Our First Ever. I Met Kyron On The Lido Deck A Very Nice Person. Great Band All Entertainment On The Ship Was Top Notch Made The Experience That Much Better!! Hope To See Him Again Some Day!!:)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They are definately not going back to the Valor - their contract there ended on April 3rd.

I will fiind out what happend to the original members of Kooshall next time I talk to Tony or Kyron - which should be in a few days.

If I remember I will also find out about their next Ship.

Kandi

Man I was Hoping they would be on the Valor..I thought they always had the Best on the New ships when they come out for at least awhile ya know...Not right wish they would have recontracted for Valor again..was really looking forward to their show. Maybe onboard another ship later. Thanks for posting, Cyt

Thanks for the information, BONBONBC. If you find out any of the following, please let us know:

1. What happened to the other members of Kooshall?

2. Will there be another CD, and if so, when?

3. When does Cool Runnings end its Victory contract?

Thanks!

Archived