Tenders for Cayo Leventado Excursion Samana

lynneamycruise

I have read a few reviews/posts about long lines and lots of waiting/delays for getting on the tenders to get to the beach on the Cayo Leventado Beach Excursion on the Dawn (and also the Pearl).

Has anyone had any experiences like this recently? Can you tell me how this process works?

Thanks in advance for the info!

I took that excursion on the Spirit in Oct. We met in the theater and then led you to the tenders to the island. There was a delay in the theater as there were 2 other ships there and we had to share the Cayo Levantado tenders with them.

The morning in Samana, (Pearl) there were about 10 excursions that all met in the Stardust Theater. It was "pot luck" as to which tours they called, but Cayo was among the last.

The ship had arrived early and we waited about 30 minutes before our tender was called. It's only about a ten minute ride to the island, and it was a very enjoyable day.

If you go to Cayo, walk the far right of the beach. That is where they do the sea walrus show every 90 minutes or so. The chaises at the far end are covered with pads ($5 extra) but the entertainment factor is worth it. Shade trees right there along the shore worked out great.

The Spirit pulled into harbor directly in front of the beach, which was pretty neat to watch too.

The morning in Samana, (Pearl) there were about 10 excursions that all met in the Stardust Theater. It was "pot luck" as to which tours they called, but Cayo was among the last.

The ship had arrived early and we waited about 30 minutes before our tender was called. It's only about a ten minute ride to the island, and it was a very enjoyable day.

If you go to Cayo, walk the far right of the beach. That is where they do the sea walrus show every 90 minutes or so. The chaises at the far end are covered with pads ($5 extra) but the entertainment factor is worth it. Shade trees right there along the shore worked out great.

The Spirit pulled into harbor directly in front of the beach, which was pretty neat to watch too.

Gosh, I wish I would have known that info last week!:( Thanks for posting that though....I did buy a future cruise credit!:D

I would say this past November on the Dawn, and with the Dawn being the only ship in port, we had to wait at least 30 minutes from the time our excursion was supposed to begin (in other words the time posted that we were to meet in the theater) before we were actually aboard the tender taking us to the island. Once you are on the tender it is a quick trip over, as someone else mentioned.

Was just there 2 weeks ago and the only way you can go is on and NCL shore excursion. They limit the number of guests and once they are sold out your are pretty much out of luck. The number they accept at the Bahia all inclusive changes each week depending on the number of guests registered at the Resort.

Archived