Pre Cruise Hotel Ideas - Where to Stay

Larry5440

Hey Folks.....looking to book hotel with air and pier shuttle service . Flying into Fort Lauderdale on the 8th of Jan for the 9th sailing on the Oasis and wanting clean and friendly place to relax prior to the cruise. Never been to Fort Laauderdale so any ideas and hints are most welcomed. Currently we are booked at Sleep in and Suites for $149.00. Is there a better deal out there?

Hey Folks.....looking to book hotel with air and pier shuttle service . Flying into Fort Lauderdale on the 8th of Jan for the 9th sailing on the Oasis and wanting clean and friendly place to relax prior to the cruise. Never been to Fort Laauderdale so any ideas and hints are most welcomed. Currently we are booked at Sleep in and Suites for $149.00. Is there a better deal out there?

The Hyatt Place Airport North in Ft Lauderdale has free shuttle service and is reasonably priced.

There is also a ton of information on the Florida Departures board. Here is the link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

We are sailing next Nov. and I found the Courtyard by Marriott in Dania

Beach. It is 5 miles from the pier and offers free shuttle from Airport and to port. Nice rooms and paid $94.00 AAA. Regular price was $99. It is next door to the International Fishing Museum (which I understand is excellent) that my nephew is very excited to visit. There is a restaurant named Islamorda next door connected with the Bass Pro shop. Check it out. Much cheaper to stay a few miles away. I didn't want to spend $149.00 for the Hyatt. We looked into that but I would rather spend my money on OASIS.

We are sailing next Nov. and I found the Courtyard by Marriott in Dania

Beach. It is 5 miles from the pier and offers free shuttle from Airport and to port. Nice rooms and paid $94.00 AAA. Regular price was $99. It is next door to the International Fishing Museum (which I understand is excellent) that my nephew is very excited to visit. There is a restaurant named Islamorda next door connected with the Bass Pro shop. Check it out. Much cheaper to stay a few miles away. I didn't want to spend $149.00 for the Hyatt. We looked into that but I would rather spend my money on OASIS.

I am looking for somewhere to stay for March 12-March 13 and am finding completely differents rates.. Just checked on the Courtyard in Dania Beach on AAA and got 189.00. Did you book with another discount? We are prenstly at the Hilton but would like to change to somewhere with a shuttle from Airport and to the Oasis. thanks

I am looking for somewhere to stay for March 12-March 13 and am finding completely differents rates.. Just checked on the Courtyard in Dania Beach on AAA and got 189.00. Did you book with another discount? We are prenstly at the Hilton but would like to change to somewhere with a shuttle from Airport and to the Oasis. thanks

You are taking March ,spring break,Hi season! nov is low season.

When we left for Florida we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, with free shuttle. The room was clean and very nice. We walked across the street and there was some shopping and restaurants. On the way home after spending

many hours in the airport due to the snowstorm in Philadelphia, we stayed again in Ft. Lauderdale this time at the Hampton Inn, Plantation Fl.

They also have a free shuttle. It turned out to be very nice and next time we cruise from Ft. Lauderdale I would stay there again. The room was also clean and very nice. There was much more shopping around this area; indoor mall across the street and various other shopping centers with plenty of restaurants to choose from. The people running the hotel were very nice and friendly. They let us stay late the next day to almost 5pm without any extra charge. Neither of the two hotels were very expensive although at this time I don't remember how much they were. I did book the Holiday Inn Express through either Priceline or Orbitz a few months earlier. Good luck and happy cruising!

Hilton at Ft Lauderdale marina is right across the street from pier. we enjoy watching the yachts go by and some dock at the hotel.We like the waterway rooms but the tower rooms give you a view of ships. Pricey but worth it.

Archived