Spirit Class - Main Deck Aft Cabins

Cambrensis

We are excited about our upcoming Pride cruise - in an aft suite on Main Deck. Seems like a good location in terms of number of people wandering around -- and I am not terribly concerned about possible noise from MDR below -- BUT I have heard about propulsion-related sound and vibration. Anyone who has had cabins in this area of ship: is this an issue?

I have been in an aft wrap on the Miracle and had no issues with noise or vibrations. The sound of the wake is pretty loud, but I find that soothing! You may feel some vibration when pulling into port. You have an amazing cabin and no cabin will ever compare again!

We have been in an aft wrap on deck 4 on the Miracle (4237). Didn't really have any problems with vibrations. Though at the time the Miracle was having issues with one azipod so that might make a difference.

A couple weeks ago we had 4241 on the Spirit which is smack in the middle of the aft balconies. On the way down to Acapulco there was a lot of vibration. At times it sort of felt the same as when I've been on a train. Rocking a bit and a constant vibration. As the ship would rise and fall it would get worse as the aft went down.

It really didn't bother me in the sense that I didn't want to be in the cabin or give me any problems trying to sleep (I always sleep good on a cruise ship :)) but it was very noticeable vs what we experienced in the aft wrap on the Miracle.

Strangely, it was like this from debarkation until we go to Acapulco. Then after leaving Acapulco until we got back to San Diego it was mostly gone. Not sure if it was due to currents being a different direction or that we were going 22knots down and slower coming back up or what.

So even with that, I'd book an aft balcony again. Though I would book either one next to the aft wrap, if not booking the aft wrap itself. The flag pole is a slight distraction when looking out the balcony of the very center cabins.

Just a note about the MDR. We didn't hear anything except for when they did the signing waiter thing. Then it was only a couple minutes of the music and microphone.

We are excited about our upcoming Pride cruise - in an aft suite on Main Deck. Seems like a good location in terms of number of people wandering around -- and I am not terribly concerned about possible noise from MDR below -- BUT I have heard about propulsion-related sound and vibration. Anyone who has had cabins in this area of ship: is this an issue?

Hi,

I am going on my third cruise on the Spirit and always have a aft cabin on main deck. It is my favorite. We have a wrap on that deck on our upcoming cruise next year. Can hardly wait. You will love it.

Not bad vibration in my opinion. Noise from the water back there is loud when sitting on the balcony while sailing but totally quiet once the door is shut. Pics taken from deck 6 on the Spirit in a center cabin #6264:

2987028450040669306S600x600Q85.jpg

2859213290040669306S600x600Q85.jpg

NICE!! Thanks for sharing ...

Remember that the engines are UNDER the funnel, not under the aft cabins.

The only actual vibration encountered was when they used the aft thrusters, which is only used in port, when needed.

But they is a kind a extremely slight sway back there that you have to get used to. You will get a little more movement in less than calm seas.

And it's NOISY back there, like Niagara Falls. Luckily, that noise doesn't come into the cabin.

166677501dSGsGe_fs.jpg

Archived