A new approach to smuggling alcohol?

mermeraid

Yes, it's true that not all cruise lines sell a bottle for cabin consumption. For many years now, we only sail HAL and they permit it. They even sell it in advance of boarding and your liquor can be waiting in your cabin when you board.

I have searched both google and this forum enumerable times for methods of bringing alcohol back onto your ship, and everyone seems suggest Rum Runners or putting it into a water bottle etc... However, none of these seem fool proof as security is allowed to check your bags. So, I started thinking anndd, what about just taping the mickey or whatever you've bought to your actual body? Do they frisk you or something :P ? Sure you would be the odd guy in line with a hoodie (to hide the awkward bulk) and shorts on but, would they actually check? Basically my question is, would this work? I've never been on a cruise before so I am not familiar with the security measures.

P.S. this is for bringing alcohol on from a port of call, not home port

P.P.S. i AM this desperate

Depending on your age and/or your determination, how about a colostomy bag.

No security personnel is going to check and see if it contains alcohol, especially if you have it hooked up. Cheers!

No security personnel is going to check and see if it contains alcohol, especially if you have it hooked up. Cheers!

Super idea, perhaps better if it contained a dark rum....

Aha! Finally a new idea. You might wanta think twice before smuggling Maudslides or Chocolate Martinis with this method. It could work,...but...I'm just sayin'....

Finding shoes to match the bag is always a problem.

You mentioned Rumrunners flasks. If you go to their web site they sell flasks that can be filled and carried under your clothes. I don't remember the sizes but they were much larger than the 16 &8 oz ones I bought. They come in 32 oz sizes and have a cord on them. Bill

Archived