Last Minute Advice

Sprocket Rocket

We will be in Cozumel the 26th on the Navigator and have not booked anything which is highly unusual for us. We are in our upper 40's with a 17 year old daughter.

Watching the weather closely, we didn't want to commit to a beach activity as the weather was iffy. It's looking better now, with highs in the upper 70's.

Does anyone have an idea of the water temp on the beaches?

Any non-beach ideas other than shopping?

When you arrive and it looks like a good beach day for you, there are several places you can go without reservations, some have small cover charges which usually include a drink or food. Some require only you buy a drink or food. Corona Beach Club (good snorkeling), San Francisco Beach Club (first of the natural beaches), Paradise Beach (lots of water toys and good food),or Palancar Beach (laid back less crowded) are some of the better spots. Just ask you cab driver to wait while you take a quick look to see if any of them are the type of place you'd like to visit.

We are also will be in port the 26th and haven't made plans but was wondering how difficult it would be to sign up for a local excursion like dune buggy or ATV or some other non beach activity after we get of the ship. Anybody have any experience doing this?

We were on the beach at Nachi over the weekend and the water temp was swimmable even though it was quite breezy. If we had gone snorkling, which we didn't we would have wanted some lightweight skins to wear. As it was we were able to stay in the water and jump the little waves for quite a while without getting chilled, and DH ONLY likes warm water to swim in.

I will be making a separate post about our Nachi experience.

We were on the beach at Nachi over the weekend and the water temp was swimmable even though it was quite breezy. If we had gone snorkling, which we didn't we would have wanted some lightweight skins to wear. As it was we were able to stay in the water and jump the little waves for quite a while without getting chilled, and DH ONLY likes warm water to swim in.

I will be making a separate post about our Nachi experience.

Thanks for the post. Coming from FL we are not excited about swimming in cold water. We checked one of the dive shops and they reported 79 degree water which isn't too bad. Like you said, a light wetsuit may help.

I'll look for your post on Nachi.

I would recommend renting vehicle and driving around the island. There are some cool beach restaurants on the other side.

This would be my first choice as I like the independence. Unfortunately I was vetoed by my wife and daughter. We leave tomorrow and when we get to Coz, we'll catch a cab to one of the beach clubs. From what I've read, it will be Playa Uvas, Chakanab or Nachi.

Edit - if I procrastinate enough, maybe we'll end up renting a car.:rolleyes:

Archived