trac phones

only3forfun

A six year old thread dealing with HAL's wine policy would have lots of interesting information in it as well, but I think that it would probably be a good idea to start a new thread on the topic and deal with current policies. Given the speed of change of technology, a discussion of current trac phones would also be far more relevant.

A capped thread isn't removed from the system, you simply can't add posts. I like the system, as it avoids situations such as this one where the thread was revived by someone challenging a six year old post. Rather silly and easily avoided IMHO.

I agree.

The threads are still there for anyone to read, should they want to. They just can't be bumped to the top where people don't read the new post before answering the original post.

Some threads just refuse to die.

I reluctantly agree with you both.. Only because too many posters on this board do not take the time to read all the posts.. This leads to loads of misinformation being posted..

However, I don't know what we could do about it, as pretty sure the Community Mgr & the Mods don't want to Cap threads..

After I post this. I'm going to ask Walt to give the official ruling on capping threads which still could or could not be relevant..

BTW I have no idea what a trac-phone is or why it would be in our best interest to purchase one to use instead of using my cell phone.. I have an old Virgin Mobile cell phone which I can use in San Juan & St. Thomas..I use it when we are on a long cruise & need to call our kids

Edited by serendipity1499

since we don't live on our phones we don't need the expensive plans and we never use all our minutes although they roll over and are not lost. You can't make calls in a foreign country but you can call one from the states. We were paying lots before with the old company and now it's just a few bucks.

Why is anyone discussing wine on this thread?

Edited by SeaBands

...However, I don't know what we could do about it, as pretty sure the Community Mgr & the Mods don't want to Cap threads..

After I post this. I'm going to ask Walt to give the official ruling on capping threads which still could or could not be relevant...

There is no "official ruling" on the notion of closing threads. The general rule is that an old thread that gets bumped up to page one by a silly "non-post" like "thanks for the information" or some such will result in removal of the silly post then closure of the thread so that the member posting the original "non-post" can't do it again.

However on occasion an old thread is found by a member researching a question. If the member wants further info we would prefer posting his inquiry on the old thread rather than restarting the discussion by starting a new thread. That way all who were subscribed to the earlier thred will be notified that a new post has been made.

The boards belong to the members; our job as hosts is to ensure that the activity on the boards remains in conformity with our guidelines. We are not editors nor do we check accuracy.

The short answer is that this thread, while started a while ago, is still legitimate and conforms with our guidelines.

Edited by Host Walt

There is no "official ruling" on the notion of closing threads. The general rule is that an old thread that gets bumped up to page one by a silly "non-post" like "thanks for the information" or some such will result in removal of the silly post then closure of the thread so that the member posting the original "non-post" can't do it again.

However on occasion and old thread is found by a member researching a question. If the member wants further info we would prefer posting his inquiry on the old thread rather than restarting the discussion by starting a new thread. That way all who were subscribed to the earlier thred will be notified that a new post has been made.

The boards belong to the members; our job as hosts is to ensure that the activity on the boards remains in conformity with our guidelines. We are not editors nor do we check accuracy.

The short answer is that this thread, while started a while ago, is still legitimate and conforms with our guidelines.

Host Walt

Thanks for the explanation. I think it is reasonable approach. It is always hard for me to decide whether to resurrect an old thread or start a new one when I have a question, there are pros and cons to both. I do think this topic is still of interest to some people and I see no issue with allowing it to live on. I never even thought about people who might be subscribed to it, good point.

Sorry, I bumped this up again but I wanted to add this note :)

ML

ML

I might have to consider switching from Verizon to a Trac phone. I have the minimal Verizon plan which is 400 minutes....I doubt if I used 50 a month!! Now that is a waste.....but I can't imagine being without a cell....when I need it I need it!! I will keep watching this thread for info.

Karen, when did you move to Washington State?