How bad IS the shower gel?

mehitabel

I would definitely advise you to bring your own shampoo and conditioner.

I used the provided shampoo one time because I had forgotten to pack my

own. As some one else said, it mad my hair very dry, almost straw. Then I

couldn't find much in the ship's store, only White Rain and no conditioner.

Bring your own.

If you're flying in the night before and staying at a hotel, just ask the housekeeper in the hall for some extra little bottles of shampoo, conditioner and lotion!

Some hotels are even doing away w/lotion. I'm thinking i'm packing my own.

I can tell you that when my husband used it..........his beautiful head of silver grey hair took on this peculiar green glow.:eek:

I have to bring a "red" expressions (Pantine) hair conditioner with to neutralize the "green' color my blond hair picks up. Copper pipes?? Bring my own products because the "gym" type shampoo/body wash is way to harsh for my skin/hair. Probably works well for those who are more "active" on board than I am. ( Use the gym, go on the more "physical" shore ex., etc)

Enhanced bathroom amenities are only provided in JS cabins and above.

Last time we sailed, I was told JR suite no longer got enhanced bathroom amenities:( We had to use the "gym style" wall mounted shampoo/bodywash. All things change! 10 years ago, cat N on Voyager, we had semi-enhanced amenities - Indiv. packaged soaps, shampoos, condit. Last year JR suite gym style shower - same as the lowest/cheapes cat. When you pay over 800pp on a 5 day cruise for a Jr. Suite and eat dinner with people who paid 249 pp and are given the same amenities something is off.

And is it true that bar soap works fine as shampoo?

Ewww! Bar soap is held together by whatever the ingredient is in there that also leaves that gross ring in the tub, no way I'd want that in my hair!

Better products can have a higher quality of ingredients, which is why professional shampoo and conditioner makes your hair feel better. I rarely use drugstore brand but the rare time I do I can tell my hair is dry and unmanageable.

My body wash is cheap, Trader Joes house brand, I think it's up to 2.29 for a 16 oz bottle and it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry like the mystery stuff in the shower dispenser.

Last time we sailed, I was told JR suite no longer got enhanced bathroom amenities:( We had to use the "gym style" wall mounted shampoo/bodywash. All things change! 10 years ago, cat N on Voyager, we had semi-enhanced amenities - Indiv. packaged soaps, shampoos, condit. Last year JR suite gym style shower - same as the lowest/cheapes cat. When you pay over 800pp on a 5 day cruise for a Jr. Suite and eat dinner with people who paid 249 pp and are given the same amenities something is off.

Better try Cunard!

Ewww! Bar soap is held together by whatever the ingredient is in there that also leaves that gross ring in the tub, no way I'd want that in my hair!

No, that gross ring is what came off your body not the soap.

Actually, it's a mixture of both. The dirt and skin cells from your body, and whatever fatty material is used to bind the soap together, plus the leftover suds and surfactants.

Remember that the thing that cleans your skin and hair the best is ... water. All the soap and shampoo is doing is softening the water to make it more effective. So, yes, you can wash your hair with soap.

The perfumes and other ingredients in soap/shampoo are more about making the experiencing of washing more pleasurable. Nothing to do with making you cleaner.

Archived