solstice class upper berth veranda cabin

MTElkwhistle

Just booked to go on the Eclipse in October - does anyone have a picture of a veranda cabin with sofa bed and upper bunk opened up ready to sleep in?

Insisted on this option as we had a bad experience with 2 in a sofa bed previously:mad:! (not Celebrity however)

Thanks

I was under the impression that the ships had no "upper" berths and now had trundle beds for the two extra passengers. Here's a photo of the sofa/trundle bed in my cabin on the Equinox.

Interesting -the brochure code says sofa bed sleeps 2 AND one upper berth. I specifically asked my TA for a cabin with an upper berth due to previous issues and there were limited cabins available.

Do you have a picture of the trundle bed opened up?

Thanks

Maybe a few cabins have an upper berth. What cabin are you looking at?

The bed sleeps one person on top (you just remove all the side pillows) and it's a single mattress. Then the bottom pulls out to reveal a second single mattress. We never pulled it out but saw a photo.

Bed.jpg.abbfa374afe016dc563b404336ecb26b.jpg

I was on Equinox. No sofa bed. In Concierge Class it was the couch with the drawer, it does not pull up to make a larger bed. No pull down in Concierge. In a cabin crawl saw a regular veranda with the pull down bed. I was told the pull down was more comfortable. Couch is hard as plywood.

Brochere is misleading on "sofa bed". Only in Sky suite and above.

I just went through my pics, and it appears I didn't take one of the bed. Sorry :( . I will see if my mom did as she was with my sister and 2 nieces. They also had a room like ours.

BTW, they put a foam mattress on top of the couch this time which made it much more comfortable. But, they still preferred the top bunk.

Don't bother with the trundle as it makes it impossible to get to the balcony when it is open. Can't count how many times we almost busted our butts trying to get in/out. It is actually less comfortable than the couch with the foam mattress on top and makes the room WAY too crowded. That's why we didn't book Concierge Class again. They don't have the top bunk option. We lived and learned.

We are sailing on the Solstice and booked in cabin #7264. It is a quad with an upper berth and a convertible sofa(or so the deck plan and Celebrity res. agent said). So, in answer to the above poster, yes, there are quad cabins that aren't suites. Cabin 7264 is a cat. 1A.

Yes, there are plenty of rooms that hold 4 people. They are denoted by "squares" next to the room #s on the deck plans. Those rooms have the trundle only. The 3rd bed is actually the top of the couch and the trundle pulls out like a drawer making the 4th. Technically the rooms with the bunk bed that comes out from the ceiling (denoted by both a "square" and a "triangle" on the deck plans) can sleep 5. But they only allow 5 people in the Family Veranda rooms.

Don't bother with the trundle as it makes it impossible to get to the balcony when it is open. Can't count how many times we almost busted our butts trying to get in/out. It is actually less comfortable than the couch with the foam mattress on top and makes the room WAY too crowded. That's why we didn't book Concierge Class again. They don't have the top bunk option. We lived and learned.

Thanks for the details.

We too were going to go Concierge class, My parents are booked CC and we were going to as well however drcided the bunk arrangement suited us better.

I agree with not using the trundle as I will need to be able to get past to access the bathroom/balcony while the boys sleep.

Thanks for the details.

We too were going to go Concierge class, My parents are booked CC and we were going to as well however drcided the bunk arrangement suited us better.

I agree with not using the trundle as I will need to be able to get past to access the bathroom/balcony while the boys sleep.

You're very welcome. While we enjoyed the little perks last time with Concierge Class, it was so much better this time not having that stupid trundle pulled out blocking both the balcony and the bottom drawers under the TV.

The rooms that sleep 4 will always have the regular bed next to the bathroom, so that path will never be blocked by the trundle, but still, you will be very happy with your choice. Happy sailing!

Archived