Which pool(s) are adults only?

cruisewiththekids

There's no shallow pools for toddlers on any of the HAL ships. There were some, but they were covered up.

If she's toilet trained (as there's no diapers allowed in the pool) you would want to be in the pool with her; the shallow part is about 3 feet deep.

There's no shallow pools for toddlers on any of the HAL ships. There were some, but they were covered up.

If she's toilet trained (as there's no diapers allowed in the pool) you would want to be in the pool with her; the shallow part is about 3 feet deep.

Thank you - that's very helpful!

• 2 weeks later...
What you do is dont cruise holidays, or easter break or summer vacation and go on HAL for 14 days or more, and you wont find any kids. Problem solved.
Bolding mine.

Sorry, but this is not true. We took our cruise during early December when most kids are in school. There were still plenty on-board. Don't forget about all the home-schooled kids these days, they don't follow regular public school calendars.

I think that the 'Pool Rules' signs are generic rules posted at all pools to comply with variance insurance requirements. I have never seen one that said 'no children'.

On our one HAL cruise, the generic pool rules were posted at both pools with an additional sign at the Aft pool stipulating it was Adults Only. This was reiterated in the daily literature. It was not followed; however, I can see how it might be confusing given the two signs. I never considered that the signs could appear to contradict each other.

As a parent of two kids, both of which are toilet trained and do not urinate everywhere as suggested of all children, we do not use the adult pool. We glanced back longingly on several occasions as the band played at the aft pool while we were setting sail. We REALLY wanted to go to that pool but didn't. Why? Because it is life, and you have to follow rules. Not all parents (or non parents for that matter) follow the rules. You can't expect the cruise line to be the cruise police. They have five other jobs to do that day. I completely understand that this can drive some people nuts. But that too is life. There are irresponsible people everywhere. Don't blame the kids or the cruise line. Blame the parents...if you can find them.

Mudscraper- cracking up! That was my inital reaction...but chose not to offer it up as I do not want to put myself or my children in a situation where we could be caned. Of course, if that were to happen, I could threaten HAL with my 'CC status', demand money back, the Penthouse Suite, and two frozen daquiris at the Crow's Nest, but I like to play it safe.

On a serious note...if you are a parent, PLEASE don't take your kids to the adult pools. Read the signs...it's not unreasonable to ask for one pool with no kids. If you're on a HAL cruise, chances are you can read so there is no excuse. Don't throw the rest of the parents out there under the bus by being irresponsible and disrepectful.

Yes Suse

You`ll be safe in the pool with twenty 80yr old men with incontinence problems. They could barely get in the pool let alone jump out when the urge to tinkle overcomes them.

Rich

LOL Rich. I thought of that when I read the post. Well folks, I soon will be travelling with my very well behaved, toilet trained, breast developed 14 and 17 year daughters - on yet a 20 day cruise. You will see us soaking in the adult pool and maybe even in the whirlpool enjoying our much deserved time away from school books and dishes. Although they may still be considered children in the eyes of many adults, I certainly pay adult fares for them on buses, theatres and at buffets. I agree that there is a line that gets crossed, but sometimes common sense may play a role.

Bingo! Common sense: No one tests the depth of a river with both feet."

Still laughing, Rich!:D

Sense is rarely common. :)

However, on this subject, I must say that if only people would exercise a degree of reasonable discretion problems (such as those discussed) wouldn't arise.

As for fluids being deposited into the pool ... given the chemical composition of the additives and the volume of water involved, I wouldn't be too concerned.

Edited by RevNeal

Well folks, I soon will be travelling with my very well behaved, toilet trained, breast developed 14 year daughter...You will see us soaking in the adult pool
So even if the signs clearly state that a certain pool is for adults only, you will march right in with your child and plop yourselves in that pool? :mad: How very classy.

Apparently where some folks are from, all it takes for a girl to be considered an adult is that she's "toilet trained and breast developed". Yee-haw! :D

Ok OK enuff. She is NOT an adult. I will admit that. But my point is, you really have to use discretion as well as common sense. Heck, I wouldn't enjoy swimming or relaxing in a pool with underage person. But I wouldn't complain if that person was considerate of others and well behaved. I would much rather that than an intoxicated adult.

Ok OK enuff. She is NOT an adult. I will admit that. But my point is, you really have to use discretion as well as common sense. Heck, I wouldn't enjoy swimming or relaxing in a pool with underage person. But I wouldn't complain if that person was considerate of others and well behaved. I would much rather that than an intoxicated adult.

I don't get this. I'd much rather the intoxicated adult for company. I don't want to talk about barbie dolls or whathaveyou. I can admire kids some other time, thanks.:)

I don't get this. I'd much rather the intoxicated adult for company. I don't want to talk about barbie dolls or whathaveyou. I can admire kids some other time, thanks.:)
I think many of these oblivious, self-centered parents never stop to think (or care) about the obnoxious amount of noise their kids can make. Most teenaged girls still have high-pitched voices and make a lot of annoying, LOUD talking, giggling and squealing noises. Like, OMG!!!!

Even if they are "breast developed". :rolleyes:

Edited by Northwest Wind

I think many of these oblivious, self-centered parents never stop to think (or care) about the obnoxious amount of noise their kids can make. Most teenaged girls still have high-pitched voices and make a lot of annoying, LOUD talking, giggling and squealing noises. Like, OMG!!!!

Even if they are "breast developed". :rolleyes:

Trust me, if my daughters had high-pitched voices and made any annoying, LOUD talking, giggling and squealing noises. Like, OMG, they would be staying home. Fortunate for me, they are very considered of what their actions may have on others. We could learn from them how to be so thoughtful of others. Amen

Doncha just love these parents who teach their kids that rules apply to everyone but them. Then they wonder why the kids start breaking rules. :rolleyes:

So, this kid gets permission from Mom to break the rules about the pool. That sets the stage for every other kid---even those with "high-pitched voices" who "make a lot of annoying, LOUD talking, giggling and squealing noises" to break the rules, too.

Good going, Mom! :mad: Thanks a bunch.

Not to belabor this more...but Ruth has a valid point. Kids watch other kids and are very astute. So the well behaved teenagers use the adult pool at which point, a few of the 'I'm too cool for the kids pool' 12-14 year olds follow suit. Not to be outdone and really wanting to be cool too, a couple of 10-12 year olds show up....and on down the line. So what started off as a reasonable, common sense type of accommodation on the part of the parents can snowball into a green light for much more. As a fellow parent, I get stuck debating my kids on why we can't use the pool when other kids are, why we have to follow the rules, why life is not fair, etc.

Since common sense is relative, it seems like this might be one area in which a defined age would be beneficial. I don't know what that age is, but trust me, I can certainly understand why teens would not to be at the kids pool. I don't want to be there either. I don't think how much we are paying or not paying for our cruise/ our kids cruise should determine whether or not we follow the rules. Just my opinion though.