Final Questions...

newlife_2010

I am not a big souvenir person but I love sending post cards. I read that you can get the port of call postcards from the pursuers desk- is this true? If so, they have them for each visiting port?

How does postage work - I was thinking I should buy a bunch of stamps here in the states and realized, those stamps will likely not work. Does the purser desk sell each islands stamps or do I have to go to a post office in each island (San Juan, St Thomas, etc.)?

Am I able to mail things in a box on the ship or shall I mail them in the port of call? How long do post cards usually take to be received?

What "free" things are available at the pursers desk?

I am not a big souvenir person but I love sending post cards. I read that you can get the port of call postcards from the pursuers desk- is this true? If so, they have them for each visiting port?

How does postage work - I was thinking I should buy a bunch of stamps here in the states and realized, those stamps will likely not work. Does the purser desk sell each islands stamps or do I have to go to a post office in each island (San Juan, St Thomas, etc.)?

Am I able to mail things in a box on the ship or shall I mail them in the port of call? How long do post cards usually take to be received?

What "free" things are available at the pursers desk?

I don't think anything is free at the pursors desk. :p As for the postcards, I've found that I get home before they are delivered! :rolleyes: Hope you have better luck than me. By the way anyones countdown clock not showing. What's up? Happy cruising! :)

Luv's Crusin'

They used to have free postcards of the ship at the pursors desk, but I think they stopped so you have to buy from the gift shop. I got a large 1 of the ship the last cruise from the pursors desk. I believe they will mail them for you, just pay postage. Yes, it takes a while for people to receive, but it is still fun. Esp if you go to Cayman, send a postcard home from hell:D

I don't think anything is free at the pursors desk. :p As for the postcards' date=' I've found that I get home before they are delivered! :rolleyes: Hope you have better luck than me. By the way anyones countdown clock not showing. What's up? Happy cruising! :)

Luv's Crusin'[/quote']

I Can't see anyones coundown clock either. Some people say they can see mine. I'd like to know whats up. Others are having the same problem. I miss my countdown clock, and want to know why I can't see any also.

IF mailing from the port you will need to get stamps from that place-- different countries are different. (dont forget to add USA on the envelope you are mailing.)

Wait time for that post card was almost 7 weeks from Grand Cayman.

This past January we were able to get "Free" postcards. They weren't port specific it was a general Carnival postcard showing 5 different ships. They also gave us some Carnival cards (ie: deck of cards for poker, etc..). Not sure if that is still the case, but I can report back in a few weeks.

Archived