Busch Gardens Day Camps - not a cruise topic, but definitely a 'kid' one!

CanadianTwosome

So... I've just booked our daughter into a Busch Gardens Day Camp for July. It's 'Junior Zookeepers' and it looks like it's right up her alley.

So, my question is - Has anyone here had any experience with this camp or any of the other Busch Gardens camps? I'm sure I found a site a couple of months ago that had reviews and camper input, but I can't seem to find it now. I'd love to know what kind of experience it is and any preparation advice anyone has.

My biggest challenge is going to be keeping it a secret!! I haven't decided whether to tell her on her birthday in March or to really leave it until we get there! :p

My kids have gone to the Disney Conservation Day Camps, and they are AMAZING! A full week of learning about animals, doing so the "Disney way", with hands-on demonstrations, and tons of backstage opportunities at the attractions.

If it's anything like that, your child will have a blast!

CeleBrat

Thanks for the replies. :)

My daughter is absolutely going to love it, no question. If ever there was a child who loved animals, it's mine. Unfortunately, we live in an area where having a 'real' zoo is impossible. Animals of the type she'll be learning about and interacting with at Busch Gardens can't be kept here due to the extreme weather conditions. With the assorted costs of the camp fees, travel, accommodation, meals, etc. it's going to be the most expensive week of camp ever, but I think the experience will be worth every penny. :)

Wow, I wonder how many different animals she will want to take home after that:D. What a great surprise for her, enjoy.

Oh my gosh! That's how we got a snake! (we had a local pet store bring animals for her 10th birthday party and the snake was the hit... two months later we had one) Well... at least any of the animals she'll be seeing there will be the type that don't thrive where we live... :p

Welcome to the Family Board, by the way!! Now that you've got a little one of your own, you'll find TONS of great information here for travelling as a family!! :)

Archived