kids on Celebrity

Animal 57

How does Celebrity rank as far as kids program and entertainment with a young child. I should have prefaced that question by stating I have a 5 yr old DD who does not really like the camp's all that much on Carnival anyway.

How does Celebrity rank as far as kids program and entertainment with a young child. I should have prefaced that question by stating I have a 5 yr old DD who does not really like the camp's all that much on Carnival anyway.

So what do you want to know? If your child doesn't like the camps, what are you looking for? X does not have all the bells and whistles that Carnival and Royal Caribbean lines have. It has a Kids Camp but is certainly not known for that. Whereas RC has a very well used and enjoyed excellent program. Guess when you ask about what there is for kids and then add your daughter doesn't like Kids programs, I'm confused. Can you give more details in what you want to know?

My kids love Celebrity kids program. We have sailed RCCL, NCL, Carnival and Princess. They think Celebrity is the best. My daughter liked the fact that Celebrity was not overrun by children (RCCL and Varnival were crazy). She loved all the attention and thought the counselors were wonderful. We did 14 night cruises 2 years in a row and when we entered the program the 2nd year, the counselor who was then the manager, recognized them. They were so excited to see Dave. My daughter celebrated her birthday both years on the cruise and was treated like royalty and given so many presents.

They are able to cater a lot to the interests of the children and I can say that even the firends they met seemed to really enjoy the program.

I am sure you will too!

I guess I am asking more a question about how many children are typically on a Celebrity cruise. For example, are these more adult oriented cruises where a child may seem out of place?

Depends on when you are traveling. Summer, Xmas or spring breaks you will find children on X. However not in the numbers that you'd find on RCl or Carnival.

1) Celebrity tends to run more expensive than those lines which prohibits some families' budgets.

2) Families with multi age children like the water slides, rock climbing, ice skating, movies at the pool etc that would keep their children active on the other lines.

3) The other family orientated lines have more extensive kids programs with more staff, age separations etc.

That all being said, I have seen the children on X looking like they were having fun with their "counselors". And because some parents like the more quiet and service orientated ships of Celebrity, they do bring kids along. Is it marketed as a family fun cruiseline? no But that shouldn't stop any families from sailing their ships. Because of fewer children, they do get treated well. But..you said your child didn't like the clubs. Maybe too many kids and not enough individual attention? That wouldn not be a problem on X.

There is a recent post re kids on X. Page back a bit and you'll find their thoughts. Also you might want to look at the family cruise board and you might get more info there.

When we do multigenerational cruising we always choose RC because there is something on those ships for every age group. (We've done family groups of 18 from age 7 to 80.) When my DH and I cruise alone, we choose X because we appreciate the quieter atmosphere at the pool, no continual announcements, the food and service we appreciate and now the beauty and class of the new ships.

Have fun choosing and cruising!;)

Archived