Snorkel Suggestions out of Cairns

UptownGirl212

Hi!

I've searched the boards here, but wanted to post again to see if there's any new info.

Looking for suggestions for snorkel "tours" out of Cairns. I'll be staying there fat the end of March for 3 1/2 days (not part of a cruise, but CruiseCritic has the best suggestions!).

Thanks in advance!

:cool:

We used Silversonic. The parent company Quicksilver has quite a few boats out of both Cairns and Port Douglas. Each one offers something different. Silversonic is midsize, visits 3 different reef locations, and does not include a pontoon with glass bottom boat, semi-submersibles, etc. Maximizing our time in the water drove our choice, we didn't want a boat with 300-500 other people in a single location.

The crew did a great job of interleaving the divers and snorkelers so nobody got in each others' way or slowed the other group (a common complaint with some dive/snorkel tours). The buffet lunch was great. They spent about 90 minutes at each location, just about the time we were ready for a break the time would be up...it worked perfectly!

I forget the name, but there's a tour out of Port Doug that is exclusively snorkeling, and they always get great reviews.

We used Silversonic. The parent company Quicksilver has quite a few boats out of both Cairns and Port Douglas. Each one offers something different. Silversonic is midsize, visits 3 different reef locations, and does not include a pontoon with glass bottom boat, semi-submersibles, etc. Maximizing our time in the water drove our choice, we didn't want a boat with 300-500 other people in a single location.

The crew did a great job of interleaving the divers and snorkelers so nobody got in each others' way or slowed the other group (a common complaint with some dive/snorkel tours). The buffet lunch was great. They spent about 90 minutes at each location, just about the time we were ready for a break the time would be up...it worked perfectly!

I forget the name, but there's a tour out of Port Doug that is exclusively snorkeling, and they always get great reviews.

Did not use them as they were not operating the day we were there but the snorkel only trip is on 'Wavelength'. I believe they have a max of 35 people. We went on Quicksilver out of The Port and really enjoyed it. Lunch was better than we expected and my husband really liked the hole platform thing. The semi-submersible sub was a treat.

• 5 months later...

Archived