Brilliance of the Seas - Arabian Adventure

I don't think there's a lot going on in Fujairah, a day on board soaking up the sun sounds like the order of the day.

Theres a very good article by Jane Archer a cruise critic contributor titled

'My first cruise to the Arabian Gulf' which is interesting, I think you can find it under 'ports' on the website,if not just type in Arabian Gulf and it should come up.

Thanks - here it is for anyone else interested

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/ports/article.cfm?ID=213

We will be on the same cruise (our first ever !) We haven't had any flight details yet - have yours arrived yet ? Feeling a bit anxious about being on a floating town !! Don't really know what to expect. Yvonne and Andy. (Suffolk)

Hi Yvonne and Andy.

Sorry for only just replying , hopefully you've had your details by now, we had ours last week, we're flying Emirates aprox 8pm? Might be an idea to contact your travel agent. I'm sure you'll love the cruise, you can always find a quite corner to get away from everyone if you want to. You'll probably find at the end of the cruise you still haven't seen everything on board, we usually spend our first few hours on the ship wandering around tying to get our bearings, but I promise you ,you'll still be getting lost going back to your cabin at the end of the week, unless thats just me!! We'll look out for you, Elaine and Keith (the short and tall ones!!)

We will be on the same cruise (our first ever !) We haven't had any flight details yet - have yours arrived yet ? Feeling a bit anxious about being on a floating town !! Don't really know what to expect. Yvonne and Andy. (Suffolk)

We fly from Heathow on Sun Feb 21 at 21.35 with BA (unfortunately) arriving in Dubai as 08.30

Hi 'Champagne Lover,' don't drink all the champers on board, I'm quite partial to the bubbly myself! The snows coming down thick and fast now.

Hi 'Jep',I have a friend who's been to Dubai and this is from an e-mail I've rec'd from her re the 4x4 trips .......'

'It's a great trip from late afternoon allowing you to spend time in the desert, watch the sun set and eat under the stars - very special but the ride there is not for the faint hearted!'

It looks like it's something that has to be done........ Enjoy

Thanks Lady of Leisure - hope to see you there!

There has been a few problems recently with lost luggage for whatever reason.

Can i suggest you pack carefully ie. put some clothes of each sex in your carry on bags.

We lost ours and it has certainly opened our eyes the way we will pack our luggage next time.

Have a good cruise.

Thanks Caddie - will do!

• 3 weeks later...

We're back, and what an experience. I hope the following can be of any help to anyone.....

The Big Bus Tours pick up at both Dubai and Abu Dhabi ports.

Taxis are very cheap in Dubai, especially if you share, DHS 60 to the Dubai Mall, DHS15 from the Old Souk to the ship, DHS 40 from Dubai Mall to the gold souk.

We took DHS and USD and found that they were accepted in the souks and by most taxi drivers

If you want to go up the Burjh Tower book in advance, we booked the day we arrived for the following week, DHS100, it's DHD400 if you try on the day but there are very few tickets available.

The Mosque in Muscat is a long way from the port, we hired a taxi for an hour (usd30) and had to have it for two.

Although the organised trips on board are expensive, these Cities are spread over a vast area, and after our experience in Muscat we booked the City Tour in Abu Dhabi and a full day tour in Bharain, although I'd planned ahead what we wanted to see I dont think we could have done it easily on our own and with the time available.

I'll keep watching this thread for a while in case theres anything else you would like to know......

hi just a quickie were there many men in tuxedos on formal nights in the main dining room dont want to be only ones like we were on msc,

Hi, I didnt think there were as many men in tuxedos as on previous cruises, a lot were in suits and ties, still smart, however I like to get dressed up for the formal evenings and my husband didnt feel out of place in his DJ, most of the men around us were in theirs. One thing I did miss was the lobster, no lobster on this cruise!! There are two formal evenings on this 7 day cruise.

Enjoy your holiday, and if you get the chance to go into one of the Mosques that offers tours I'm sure you'll find it very interesting.

hi everyone,taking this cruise on 15th of march and would like to talk to anyone that will be on the cruise as well,getting very excited about all the information im finding here,relating to taxis,buses and the best way to go about excursions

We're back, and what an experience. I hope the following can be of any help to anyone.....

The Big Bus Tours pick up at both Dubai and Abu Dhabi ports.

Taxis are very cheap in Dubai, especially if you share, DHS 60 to the Dubai Mall, DHS15 from the Old Souk to the ship, DHS 40 from Dubai Mall to the gold souk.

We took DHS and USD and found that they were accepted in the souks and by most taxi drivers

If you want to go up the Burjh Tower book in advance, we booked the day we arrived for the following week, DHS100, it's DHD400 if you try on the day but there are very few tickets available.

The Mosque in Muscat is a long way from the port, we hired a taxi for an hour (usd30) and had to have it for two.

Although the organised trips on board are expensive, these Cities are spread over a vast area, and after our experience in Muscat we booked the City Tour in Abu Dhabi and a full day tour in Bharain, although I'd planned ahead what we wanted to see I dont think we could have done it easily on our own and with the time available.

I'll keep watching this thread for a while in case theres anything else you would like to know......

Hi LOL, I am on this cruise on 1st March and wondered which was the best Mosque to visit and at which Port.

Heard rumours that the BIGGEST at Abu Dhabi is closed to visitors because it is Fri prayer day???????

Who was the Captain, is Capt Zini still there......!!!?????

Thanks

RICH........................:)

We were on 25th Jan sailing and visited the Grand Mosque in Muscat - WOW! , just amazing. We didn't take a ship tour but 4 of us went by taxi ourselves which we preferred.

Yes, you are correct, the one in Abu Dhabi looks amazing, we went past it on the Big Bus Tour. The building is closed to visitors on a Friday but you can wander around the grounds which in themselves are beautiful.

Hi, I agree the Mosque in Muscat was beautiful, it was a shame we didn't get longer there, a quick whistle stop tour and back to the taxi. The Mosque in Bahrain, although not as big was lovely, the ladies were given the long black dresses and head covering to put on, here we had a guide from the Mosque who was really interesting and more than willing to answer any questions we had, and there were lots of different booklets you could take giving more info into their religion. We were lucky enough to be there when it was prayer time and heard the call to prayer which was very special. If you go to the Mosque you need to go in the morning,as they close I beleive at 11am?

Yes Cpt Zini was there, are they getting younger or am I getting older?

How did you find the cruise Champagne Lover, you didn't drink all the white wine as well as the champers did you, there was a shortage in one of the bars on the first night and by the end of the cruise you had to hunt for it!!

We had a fabulous cruise,really enjoyed it but perhaps wouldn't do that itinerary again.

Really sorry but I thought I had hidden a bottle of white wine for you. Never mind, somebody will find it and enjoy it:eek:

To be serious (?), we had no problems with white wine, yes we did drink plenty but we never had a problem getting it. We took out the wine package at the start of the cruise and had some delivered to our cabin as well as using it in the dining room. One thing I did find strange was they advertised the small bottles of wine on the tables in the WJ but you were unable to get them in the skyview bar.

We had a fabulous cruise,really enjoyed it but perhaps wouldn't do that itinerary again.

Really sorry but I thought I had hidden a bottle of white wine for you. Never mind, somebody will find it and enjoy it:eek:

To be serious (?), we had no problems with white wine, yes we did drink plenty but we never had a problem getting it. We took out the wine package at the start of the cruise and had some delivered to our cabin as well as using it in the dining room. One thing I did find strange was they advertised the small bottles of wine on the tables in the WJ but you were unable to get them in the skyview bar.

Hi Champagne Lover, Not joking re the wine, my husband did ask why wine couldn't be brought over from another bar when its run out but thats too simple, we also had the wine package and as the week went on more and more wines were unavailable, fortunately we had great waiters and they managed to track our favorite down from another restaurant on the ship, thats service!

We had a lovely cruise, but like you I dont think we'd go back that way unless as a stop over.

Happy Cruising......

Archived