Snorkel options in Belize

bethohio3

My husband and I would like to snorkel in Belize when we stop there in February. We're seriously considering a ship tour to avoid the tender to the city and back again.

Which of the available tours is likely to be the best snorkeling?

Thanks!

--Beth

Hi Beth, after much searching this is the first review I found about the turniffe carnival tour. It was posted by Erlec on port reviews.

First time in Belize. We took the Turneffe snorkeling excursion with Carnival with the 1pm departure. What a nice excursion... Time just went too fast... A bit expensive (70$ each), but this was our only excursion in the cruise anyway.

They pick you up directly from the cruise ship, so no need to take tender boats to Belize City. After the snokeling time they bring you to Banister island. You have about 1h there to relax and enjoy the beautiful beach... Very nice site! Then on your way back to the cruise ship, you have free rum punch. And you can take as many as you want.... My wife got a feeling there.

Very nice day in Belize!

Ive done the Goff's snorkel adventure twice and would do it a third time. The island is small and not crowded and the snorkeling was great. It was nice to be picked up from the cruise ship and not have to tender to the dock.

• 3 weeks later...
Ive done the Goff's snorkel adventure twice and would do it a third time. The island is small and not crowded and the snorkeling was great. It was nice to be picked up from the cruise ship and not have to tender to the dock.

Rmascot25 - who did you book your excursion through?

When you say the snorkeling was great - did you have to swim out a ways from shore to see coral, etc?

Thank you,

Jessie

Archived