Ship Time vs Island Time

Darrell and Janine

We are considering an excursion in St Thomas and we need to figure out if ship time remains the same as the embarcation port (Fort Lauderdale). The email I received from the tour operator states, "if your ship gets in and clears customs by 7am (6am EST) you should have no trouble getting to us by our 7:45 boarding time." The cruise itinerary shows the "start" time for St Thomas is 7am but I'm not sure if this is EST. Does anyone know the protocol for "ship time?"

We are considering an excursion in St Thomas and we need to figure out if ship time remains the same as the embarcation port (Fort Lauderdale). The email I received from the tour operator states, "if your ship gets in and clears customs by 7am (6am EST) you should have no trouble getting to us by our 7:45 boarding time." The cruise itinerary shows the "start" time for St Thomas is 7am but I'm not sure if this is EST. Does anyone know the protocol for "ship time?"

When do you sail? We were in St Thomas last April and it was the same time as ship time. I think......we were on daylight savings time then so that made it the same. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. But I know we never had to change our watches.

We sail on March 10 and daylight savings time begins on March 14. We are in St Thomas on March 13-the day before it begins. That adds to the confusion. We want to book this excursion in advance but I'm not sure if we'll have enough time to get to the excursion. I will need to get more information from the tour operator before making a reservation. :cool:

We sail on March 10 and daylight savings time begins on March 14. We are in St Thomas on March 13-the day before it begins. That adds to the confusion. We want to book this excursion in advance but I'm not sure if we'll have enough time to get to the excursion. I will need to get more information from the tour operator before making a reservation. :cool:

St. Thomas does not change to daylight savings time. During regular time, it is one hour ahead of FLL and the ship's clocks will change to St. Thomas time before you get there.

Archived