Getting to Sitka???

cw2go

I am looking into finding a transfer option to get to Sitka?? I am waiting for the new itineraries for 2011 but am hoping for Glacier Bay, "Inside Passage" r/t Vancouver and Sitka. If I can only accomplish 2 of the 3 is there a way for us to get to Sitka from any other port?

Also if you had to choose only two of the wish list what would you sacrifice for a future trip? Finally what cruise lines would most likely suit me? I am leaning towards Holland, we are all about the scenery!!!

Countdown for Alaska 2010 has begun 148 days to go...Yippeee!!!

Patty

I am looking into finding a transfer option to get to Sitka?? I am waiting for the new itineraries for 2011 but am hoping for Glacier Bay, "Inside Passage" r/t Vancouver and Sitka. If I can only accomplish 2 of the 3 is there a way for us to get to Sitka from any other port?

Also if you had to choose only two of the wish list what would you sacrifice for a future trip? Finally what cruise lines would most likely suit me? I am leaning towards Holland, we are all about the scenery!!!

Countdown for Alaska 2010 has begun 148 days to go...Yippeee!!!

Patty

You are already going in 2010?? Mostly, I see Sitka linked up with Seattle sailings.

Sorry, there isn't much of a worthwhile option to get to Sitka, from another port stop. IF you happen to have an all day port in Skagway/Juneau- then you could charter a flight and fly in. With the costs, you could probably plan on another cruise.

You are already going in 2010?? Mostly, I see Sitka linked up with Seattle sailings.

Sorry, there isn't much of a worthwhile option to get to Sitka, from another port stop. IF you happen to have an all day port in Skagway/Juneau- then you could charter a flight and fly in. With the costs, you could probably plan on another cruise.

Yikes $$ that is what I thought :rolleyes: Bummer.

Yes I am already going to Alaska June 2010 but we had to pick the cruise that didn't give us all we wanted. Money, Time and interests. So I am looking into options for 2011 already yahoo!! Just browsing...

Thanks BQ

Sitka is just not a port visited by many cruise itineraries. Although I have no immediate plans to return to Alaska, I am looking for cruises that go to Sitka and Hubbard. I saw Glacier Bay on my last cruise. I also prefer a Vancouver sailing.

Holland has the 14 day tour (2010) out of Seattle that goes to Glacier Bay, Hubbard and Sitka, with a decent port time in Sitka. It also travels inside passage when it is going Northbound, if I understand the itinerary correctly. YOu also get Victoria at a better time than most other cruises. I am not sure if I could be on a cruiseship for 14 days, plus it is a bit costly for our budget. HOwever, I will keep studying my options and keep buying those lottery tickets. ;)

If you look at the HAL Rotterdam sailing out of Seattle, it has Hubbard Glacier and Sitka in the itinerary.

Thanks for that info. Like the OP I was hoping to see Sitka with a Vancouver Sailing. It is not looking like that is an option except with Regent, which is totally out of my budget. I think the only way I would sail out of Seattle is if it was a too good to pass up bargain. Time will tell. "Never say Never!"

Sitka is just not a port visited by many cruise itineraries. Although I have no immediate plans to return to Alaska, I am looking for cruises that go to Sitka and Hubbard. I saw Glacier Bay on my last cruise. I also prefer a Vancouver sailing.

Holland has the 14 day tour (2010) out of Seattle that goes to Glacier Bay, Hubbard and Sitka, with a decent port time in Sitka. It also travels inside passage when it is going Northbound, if I understand the itinerary correctly. YOu also get Victoria at a better time than most other cruises. I am not sure if I could be on a cruiseship for 14 days, plus it is a bit costly for our budget. HOwever, I will keep studying my options and keep buying those lottery tickets. ;)

I am in agreement money and time is not in my favor for such a fantastic cruise. I will keep looking and praying that Holland will port Sitka with a Vancouver sailing... until then let me know when you hit that lottery :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hubby really wants Sitka as well but it seems like they just aren't on the radar! Hate to give up time in Vancouver in order to fly into Seattle for the Sitka included ones. Maybe if enough of us bug the cruiselines they will adjust their ports?!

Which one would you be willing to drop? I am thinking I would happily give up Ketchikan for Sitka. Juneau--don't really have a desire to return there either and I can watch whales at so many places. We really did enjoy our trip into the Yukon from Skagway though.

Hubby really wants Sitka as well but it seems like they just aren't on the radar! Hate to give up time in Vancouver in order to fly into Seattle for the Sitka included ones. Maybe if enough of us bug the cruiselines they will adjust their ports?!

Which one would you be willing to drop? I am thinking I would happily give up Ketchikan for Sitka. Juneau--don't really have a desire to return there either and I can watch whales at so many places. We really did enjoy our trip into the Yukon from Skagway though.

I would give up Ketchikan, but I don't think it is a matter of what we want. I doubt that Sitka wants all those cruise ships in their ports. They don't want to become another Ketchikan.

Hubby really wants Sitka as well but it seems like they just aren't on the radar! Hate to give up time in Vancouver in order to fly into Seattle for the Sitka included ones.

Why waste your time in another big city. If you would like to see Sitka then it seems like a no-brainer choice.

Archived