Bringing liquor onboard

jojo1108

We sail on our first cruise on 2/21 and I know you can take two bottles of wine onboard. What if you want to take any beer for your cabin. How creative do I need to be in packing it. Mixed drinks we'll just buy. Thanks.

Yes, one bottle of wine per adult.

If Carnival wants to find the liquor they will, no sense going to extremes. They are onto all the tricks. People used to do mouthwash bottles, you name it. I dont see that much any more, people just pack it in their checked luggage and take their chances.

I have put a bottle of vodka in my suitcase and had no problems. I'll be doing this again for my next cruise...if it is confiscated, oh well. But I'm not using mouthwash bottles or anything else like that.

We were on the Glory the week of Thanksgiving. We wrapped the liquor in bubble wrap and place it in large ziploc bags and distributed among our 3 suitcases. It arrived in the room safely. We bought beer (usually a 6 pack)in the ports we stopped at (mainly because we like to try different local beers) and carried it back on board dropped down in my large beach bag. The bag went through the x-ray machines and we were never stopped.

I take cans of beer and put then in a coke carton. instead of the cans of coke. or some of both. put them in checked bags, not carryon.

I would worry a can might burst and get all over your clothes. Do you do anything special to make sure this doesnt happened.

Going out of New Orleans on the Triumph March 1, can't wait!!! My question is what do people drink out of sitting around the decks. Are you allowed to bring a beverage you mixed in your room in your own plastic cup out on the decks? I have some nice Tervis Tumbler cups that I like to use because the ice doesn't melt. Do they frown upon anything that isn't supplied by the ship?

Going out of New Orleans on the Triumph March 1, can't wait!!! My question is what do people drink out of sitting around the decks. Are you allowed to bring a beverage you mixed in your room in your own plastic cup out on the decks? I have some nice Tervis Tumbler cups that I like to use because the ice doesn't melt. Do they frown upon anything that isn't supplied by the ship?

No, they don't say anything. I've always seen a ton of people with their own "beverage containers". If it'll make you feel better, you can buy their logo cup from the gift shop! In all reality, it's probably best, because all Carnival has is actually glasses, and small plastic cups.

Archived