Paya Bay Resort vs Tabayana Beach

cruisecap

We will be in Roatan on March 22, 2005, via the NCL Sun. We are trying to figure out what to do. If you have been to either of these places please feel free to give me any information.

Tabayana Beach Day through the ship is 49.00 and includes lunch; hamburgs, hotdogs, etc.

Paya Bay Resort is 75.00 and includes snorkeling, beach and lunch; lobster and shrimp also appertizer and welcome drink.

For the difference in price it is a no brainer but just wondering.

Hi -

The hubby and I were at Paya Beach 12-01-2004 (via the NCL Spirit) and had a wonderful, relaxing visit. We were the only ones at Paya Bay that day.......We each had our own snorkeling guide and the beach was ours and ours alone for the day. The Shrimp and Lobster luncheon was absolutely wonderful. If you want to get away from the crowds, Paya Bay is the place to visit. The owners and staff were all very gracious and treated us like family. We really enjoyed the experience.

We also heard good reviews from groups that had visited Tabayana Beach. There are a lot of cruisers that visit the area via the ships excursions. If you are looking to be around many other cruisers, then Tabayana Beach would be the better fit.

Don't dismiss Tabayan Beach just yet.

We were there in December and had a wonderful time. The beach was not crowded, lots of lounge chairs, nice facilities, clean, no fleas and more than just hamburger/hot dog lunch. They had bbq chicken (not traditional red bbq sauce, therefore not everyone will like it. We LOVED it.), hamburgers, hot dogs, steamed and seasoned vegatables (also very good), tea and lemonade. I think they probably also had a potatoe but we don't eat them so I can't remember exactly what it was.

We had great snorkeling, you do need to go further out rather than staying up close.

We did the canapy tour, which includes the beach party. NCL provides transportion during the excursion. From what I understan, Tabayana Beach is owned by NCL and admission is limited.

Whatever you decide, have a great time.

Marlissa

Archived