Luggage Storage Southampton

cruisincarly

My husband and I are doing a transatlantic Southampton-New York after we will have lived in Sweden for a year. We'll have, therefore, a lot of luggage (we're driving/ferrying from Stockholm in fact, to get all the luggage to the UK), and will need to store it for a few days while we see some London sights. We think the easiest way to do this is to store it in Southampton, but we were wondering what our options are.

I searched old threads and found the Lok'n'Store option and that might work, but for those of you who have done that: (1) can you pay for a whole week and only use part of it? (the website says there's a one-week minimum). (2) what was the cost of a week for a small space?

Anybody know of any other options?

Thanks!

(we are *so* looking forward to this crossing!)

I'd like to hear too as we will be disembarking Southampton, then driving for 1 week before embarking again. I checked the website too and thought the prices too high just to leave luggage!!

Southampton Airport also have a luggage facility - all I can find out about it at the moment is

Left baggage

Baggage can be left in our new facility for £5.00 per item. Some restrictions apply. For further details, please visit the Aviance desk in the main terminal.

Please note that due to security reasons there are no lockers for storing your luggage

see http://www.southamptonairport.com/portal/page/Southampton%5EGeneral%5EAirport+information%5ETerminal+information%5ETerminal+A-Z/53c4264c7d84a110VgnVCM10000036821c0a____/448c6a4c7f1b0010VgnVCM200000357e120a____/#leftbaggage

their contact us page

http://www.southamptonairport.com/portal/site/southampton/menuitem.ab154f706ee3563c63f0ec109328c1a0/

giving

General enquiries Tel: +44 (0)844 481 7777
Lost property - lost or found in the temrinal or airport grounds

Aviance desk

Tel: +44 (0)844 481 7777

(being Aviance, they may be able to help)

My husband and I are doing a transatlantic Southampton-New York after we will have lived in Sweden for a year. We'll have, therefore, a lot of luggage (we're driving/ferrying from Stockholm in fact, to get all the luggage to the UK), and will need to store it for a few days while we see some London sights. We think the easiest way to do this is to store it in Southampton, but we were wondering what our options are.

I searched old threads and found the Lok'n'Store option and that might work, but for those of you who have done that: (1) can you pay for a whole week and only use part of it? (the website says there's a one-week minimum). (2) what was the cost of a week for a small space?

Anybody know of any other options?

Thanks!

(we are *so* looking forward to this crossing!)

A couple of years ago we used Lok'n'Store and it was very easy and affordable, much cheaper than the left luggage at the airport.

When we first arrived at lok'n'Store we filled out some paperwork, prepaid for a weeks storage, and got back in our waiting cab. When we returned 4 days later we retrieved our luggage and they refunded the 3 days of rent for the locker that we didn't use. Very quick, and very easy! If you do use Lok'n'Store be sure to print a map showing their location, neither of our cab drivers knew how to get there.

Hello. It might be expensive, but I think you can leave it with the port agent for Cunard. It would be about 25.00 pounds per bag and 5 pounds per day. But once you got it to the agent I think it would then meet you on board the ship and would save time and stress retreiving it yourself. Cunard should know this, if forst agent knows nothing try calling again. Good luck

• 3 years later...

Archived