Just a few questions for you experienced cruisers

jojo1108

My DH and I are going on the Pride in Feb. and I was just wondering:

1) Has anyone used the patch for seasickness? My MD prescribed it for me and I was just wondering how well it works.

2) Where do you get ginger capsules?

3) This is so stupid, but, I'm taking two bags and my husband, one. Does a case of water count as a bag? Does it get checked, or do you carry it on yourself? What's the deal with the tape and making a handle, etc.

4) On casual nights in the MDR can you wear jeans? I don't mean ripped jeans, like nice jeans with heels and a cute top?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice/answers! You guys are making me so excited about this trip!

water needs to be either in luggage with a handle on it or you carry it on, your choice. People used to slap a luggage tag on it and porters started to refuse it. So either you pack it or carry it on.

I have used the patch and it works well for me. One patch works for 3 days. I only take it in high seas.

iv never used ginger.

Ships dont count bags, Iv seen some people come on with what looked like 10 suitcases for 2 people. you can bring as many as you like. they suggest none over 50 lbs.

1) Has anyone used the patch for seasickness? My MD prescribed it for me and I was just wondering how well it works.

3) This is so stupid, but, I'm taking two bags and my husband, one. Does a case of water count as a bag? Does it get checked, or do you carry it on yourself? What's the deal with the tape and making a handle, etc.

4) On casual nights in the MDR can you wear jeans? I don't mean ripped jeans, like nice jeans with heels and a cute top?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice/answers! You guys are making me so excited about this trip!

Don't know about the patch, but you can get the Ginger Pills at Wally World or any drug store in the vitatmin section.

You should put your water and whatever beverages you want to bring in a checked bag (or you can carry it on if you want to lug it around). The porters do not let you check a case of water anymore, from what others have reported. We pack an extra duffel bag and use it for our beverages, put a luggage tag on it and check it, then we usually use that bag to put extra stuff in that we've bought along the way as a carry on for the trip home.

Decent jeans are fine in the MDR on non-elegant nights. I hope this doesn't create a big discussion about jeans in the dining room. Carnival's dress code clearly allows it, and we saw plenty of nicely dressed folks in jeans in the MDR last week on the Legend.

Have a GREAT cruise!!!!!

We were on the Pride November 1st and we checked our case of water with our luggage. Porter placed a tag on it and off it went. It was waiting for us at the cabin ....

My BF has used the wrist bands and took them off a few times as seas were so calm. Once while on an NCL cruise we hit very rough waters in OCt 2008 going to Bermuda, swells about 30 feet!!! Luckily for me I don't suffer from motion sickness and the wrist bands worked very well for my honey, he did take some bonine with that as seas were quite rough. Others did not do so well but we did :-)

You may not even need the patch etc.We don't use them at all.

And for the water.Just take a good water bottle and drink the ships water.Its probably cleaner then the water you get in the store.I still can not figure out why people carry on cases of water when the new crusie ships have the most advance water purification systems in the world.

There is a long list of silly questions asked of Cruise Directors. One is, "Do the crew sleep on board?" Another is "How far above sea level are we?"

AND ONE IS, "What religion are the people with the dots behind their ears?"

Archived