Questions from 1st time Cruiser

Geggie

Yippee, only 6 days till our cruise on the Sea Princess. Could some of you experienced cruisers help me witha few questions please?

1. I see that travel irons are not allowed in the cabin, what about travel kettles?

2. Are the plug sockets British three pin or American style?

3. I thought alcohol was not allowed to brought on board but there are lots of posts saying that people do it all the time, is this correct?

Thank you in anticipation from a very excited Geggie!

Yippee, only 6 days till our cruise on the Sea Princess. Could some of you experienced cruisers help me witha few questions please?

1. I see that travel irons are not allowed in the cabin, what about travel kettles?

2. Are the plug sockets British three pin or American style?

3. I thought alcohol was not allowed to brought on board but there are lots of posts saying that people do it all the time, is this correct?

Thank you in anticipation from a very excited Geggie!

A kettle would have to have a safety shut off.

Be descrete with the alcohol.

The Sea Princess has both 110 American outlets and also 220 UK outlets (from sailing for P&O some years ago). When we first sailed on the Sea Princess, when it first came back from P&O, mini suites and full suites still supplied a kettle and coffee and tea making facilities in these suites. But they have since been removed. As long as the travel kettle has the safety shut off, there won't be any problem bringing it along.

As for alcohol, just keep in mind that the rules say only wine and champagne can be carried aboard. What you do from there, is your own business. ;)

Archived