Roll Call: Aquafest Halloween Cruise October 2010 NCL Dawn

Tim-n-Rick

We are so ready for this cruise. We just went on a tour and charity lunch on the Carnival Pride while it was docked here in baltimore. They offer tours and lunches on the day they are in port and all the proceeds go to charity. Just being on a ship made us more ready for vaction (never on this ship though, TACKY TACKY TACKY.)

Ah...my partner can't take that much time off of work, so it looks as tho we are going to be booking the Carnival Freedom (tacky, I know) for 8 days to Costa Rica and Panama instead......the one good thing is that since it is in late October, the number of children should be WAY down....

Althought I'd rather it be 3 days or 3 hours it's still better than the 9 month mark!

Scott, Mike and Spartan - I agree that Carnival can be tacky but I've had fun on their cruises if you take them for what they are. In a pinch I'd sail with them again.

Spartan, sorry you aren't joining us but enjoy your trip.

I'm hoping that shortly after the retail stores wrap up the back to school sales they will go ahead and put out the Halloween items so we can costume shop. With my luck they'll skip it and just go straight to Christmas.

Just finished paying the final payment on the cruise. Wish we could leave today! Since I'm so hyped I have a few questions for you Aquafest vets and past NCL Cruisers...

Has anyone sailed the Dawn before?

Do we all usually dine together?

Has anyone booked any shore excursions?

Are our events usually at night or do they scatter them throughout the day (I'm thinking about at sea days)?

Have not sailed the Dawn, but have sailed the Pearl, and it offers many of the same ammenities....

Lots of premium restaurants to choose from : Steak, French, Italian, Chinese, Sushi, Japanese steak, Tapas, etc...

You eat whenever you want to, with whomever you want to, etc...

I would imagine that Aquafest would at least have some sort of cocktail hour or so....

This is our third Halloween cruise with Aquafest. They are always lots of fun. People DO decorate their doors and most people dress up for the theme parties. You see costumes from elaborate to simple, so just go with the flow and wear what moves you! The theme/costume parties are usually in the evenings with a few other events during the day. On past cruises the whole group dined together, but this is the first time we've done "free-style" dining, so I'm not sure how they'll configure everyone for meals on Norwegian. Aquafest has a GREAT group of people and we've always had an absolute blast! We look forward to seeing everyone on board ; )

Kessa and Duff

Just recieved an Auquafest package in the mail... Woo Hoo!!! (The Woo Hoo is not only for the picture of Colt Man Ricky Parks, but also for the trip getting closer... Despite the fact the vaca is getting closer, I agree time is creeping by!!!)

So, the excursions changed I guess.... I was originally told by Aquafest the beach party was the excursion by Shoretrips and not NCL. In the latest document from Aquafest it says the Group Beach Party is now NCL Samana excursion - Cayo Levantado Beach Escape. DOES EVERYONE DO THIS?

So, Greg & I bought some Halloween costumes.. I was also looking for something for Toga. I don't think I will be able to fit anything else in my luggage for the other theme parties.... Huge Glee fan here... So excited for the Glee Tee Dance!! :)

(Hmmm, black & blue? are people going to bring costumes, or personal favorite undergarments for this?)

So many decisions to make.... So exciting....

We were excited to get the package as well. I think the parties changed a bit too. The White Nights party must now be the Toga party which sounds much more fun. We've got to start getting costumes etc... So far all we have are our door decorations.

Hey Tim!

I've been wondering where you were. :confused: Glad you and Rick are well. I've misssed chatting with you. Looks like you have a great group going here. :)

Hey, I'm taking a huge step and studying for my real estate license. I hope to be licensed before we set sail. I'm so upset with myself for not doing this 10 or more years ago. :mad: I feel like the V8 commercial, like I should knock myself in the head. DUH! It is so up my alley. I can't believe I wasted 13 years of my life being a police dispatcher. Oh well... :rolleyes:

I hope you can make it to our M&G and we can catch up then. :D

Take care!

PS: Chad is going to be Ironman and I'm going to be the Black Widow for Halloween. Should be fun(ny)!

Good afternoon - Just found this thread, and I must say this sounds great. Unfortunately, my partner and I already have an October cruise booked, so we will miss this one.

We are looking at the 2011 Halloween cruise out of NOLA through Aquafest.

Anyone else planning on booking that one? Let us know!!

Mike & CJ

Anyone else planning on booking that one? Let us know!!

Hi Mike and CJ,

We will most likely book next year's cruise as well. We havent even sailed with Aquafest yet and we are already happy with their service.

Wish you guys could join us on this cruise. Looks like a fun group.

Have a great week,

Tim

Hi Mike and CJ,

We will most likely book next year's cruise as well. We havent even sailed with Aquafest yet and we are already happy with their service.

Wish you guys could join us on this cruise. Looks like a fun group.

Have a great week,

Tim

Hey Tim - We would love to be on this aquafest cruise but we are cruising on the Pearl out of Miami on Oct 17th. Let us know how the cruise was. Our first NCL cruise, so we are thinking of booking the 2011 Halloween cruise when we get back from this one. Already have the EPIC booked for April 2011.

Mike

Hi Guys and Gals,

Well I goofed, I booked this cruise through another company and didn't know this was going to be an Aquafest cruise. I guess I'm not on the Aquafest email list...ooops. We did the same thing back in October 2008. The Aquafest group looked like they had a good time back then. I'm glad there will be more 'family' on board. My partner and I are traveling with an older lesbian friend...we want to marry her off :) I attached a picture of us from the October 2008 cruise. If you see us, please say hi!

They will need a bigger bar for the Dorothy meetings! John and I took this same cruise in March and thought it was such a great bargain we booked it again for October.

Take care Kevin (on right) & John

1960338517_Formalnight2(1).jpg.01f433a4d51ff6462a7a8a461f37076f.jpg

Hi Guys and Gals,

Well I goofed, I booked this cruise through another company and didn't know this was going to be an Aquafest cruise.

Hi Guys, If I'm not mistaken you can switch your reservation to Aquafest so you can enjoy our events. I seem to remember reading that on another board. Some of the more experienced Aquafest guests might be able to tell you more. Either way glad you will at least be on the same ship with us!

Have a great weekend.

Anyone going on the beach trips Tom emailed us? They sound fun and relaxing.

My partner and I love cruising, but do not enjoy the beach. I expect those who like to spend hours in the sun will have a good time, but we will not be joining them.

Hi All,

For anyone who is interested I received an email from United Airport Parking and they have a service called "Premier Cruise Parking Providing Secure Garage" which you can book on their site. The rate for us is going to be about $114 if we pay in advance. This includes a shuttle to the Port of Miami. I know many of you either live in Florida or will be flying in but those of us driving could use the break on the $20 per day at the port.

Have a great week!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived