Roll Call: Aquafest Halloween Cruise October 2010 NCL Dawn

Tim-n-Rick

So far there are four of us going on this excursion. If you are interested, please email Randy @ happyrock8@hotmail.com

We are going through Razor Tours. I have a reservation for a brand new air conditioned van. I will let them know all the names on our tour. I have let them know we will be there from 11 - 5. If you are looking at the website, I have made a few changes and he agreed to add the following items. Melvin seems very accomodating.

From the Samana Port we'll board an air conditioned van for a 40 minute ride to Rancho Tipico in El Limon where we'll get a 15 minutes safety briefing. We'll then mount the horses and go cross country over hills and crossing rivers for 35 minutes until we get to the seam of the mountain where we'll park the horses and continue on foot for 15 minutes. At last the majestic Cascada El Limon. One of the most beautiful sights you´ll see in the Samaná area. The“Cascada El Limon” is a spectacular waterfall measuring 45 meters high, with a beautiful natural pool underneath, extremely calm and largely undisturbed by man. This tour last for 4 hours.

Tour Price:

Adults $55.00 USD P/P

Recommendations: Wear long pants and closed shoes, a hat and sun glasses, and of course bring your bathing suit and a towel.

I have made sure we will have time to swim at the waterfall.

I have arranged for Lunch at the ranch which includes rice, chicken, salad, spaghetti, fruits, coffee.

He agreed we can stop for scenic pictures.

He agreed we can stop at cigar place.

He agreed we can stop at the Farmer's Market.

All for $55. He suggested we tip the horse guide $5-$10 each.

Please let me know if you are interested. Right now I have 3 openings. The more the merrier!!

Randy

two words: Disco Nap!

We typically aren't such nigh owls either...BUT...there is so much to see and do that you can't keep up without a mid-afternoon siesta! Well, maybe in my twenties I could,but alas,not any longer! haha

• 3 weeks later...

We enjoyed the cruise also, but was disappointed at how the Aquafest entertainment made it difficult to eat dinner at a reasonable time, see their entertainment and the ship's entertainment. So we ended up missing all or part of the 7PM events. The ship's shows were excellent and I am very glad we didn't miss them.

The costumes were wonderful. I didn't really expect quite such a parade of fantastic creativity on this cruise. Amazing what some people will do, and what a large number of suitcases they must bring.

We will probably do another Aquafest in the future, depending on the ships and the itinery. Tom and his helpers did a great job putting it all together.

Archived