RCI Enchantment of the Seas or Carnival Glory

Expats4

I'm interested in taking a cruise out of Norfolk, VA in late May/early June. Not really worried about the destination as much as the cruise experience. My two options are Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas and Carnival Glory. I've never been on either, and am wondering if anyone has an opinion on which would be a better bet. There will be 4 women travelling, ranging in age from 16 to 75. I know Carnival has a young/party reputation, which is making me lean away from it, but I'm not sure how accurate that is. Quality of food is also a big consideration! :) Any advice would be appreciated.

have sailed both cruise lines and they both offer a great product. Would give carnival a slight edge in the food department.

Those party hardy cruises for carnival were years ago they are more family oriented now.

We just got off the Glory yesterday - our 4th cruise on her since August 29! WE really like her. She is going into Dry Dock for two weeks January 31. They will be putting a movie screen on her lido deck but don't know what else they're doing. Its not the party ship it used to be but yes, there are some young people on board too who will party. A man close to my age (65) had lots of tequella in Cozumel then beer. His wife couldn't figure out how he was still waliking when he asked me to dance! But an 85 year old passenger when Zip lining in Belize last week. WE like Carnival because there is a good mixture of ages. You will find people who like to party on all ships!

Archived