Most romantic activities

littlemoonrabbit

Hi all,

DH and I are sailing the Legend on February 28th. We are really excited!

Both of the other cruises we have taken have had a general "theme" about them. Our first cruise on the Destiny was an "adventurous" cruise... we did shore excursions almost every day, some of them pretty wild. We tried all sorts of stuff we had never tried before... essentially, we threw caution to the wind. The experience was exhilarating... but exhausting. We were "beat" by the end of that cruise, because we just kept going and going with no break. We'd pass out every night the second we hit our bed (sometimes still in our clothes) because we were just so tired.

The second cruise, we took the opposite approach. We made it our "relaxation" vacation... we did nothing but just lie around, lol. We chilled out on the beach, read some books, listened to some music, napped on a hammock, chilled out by the pool... we didn't even see any shows that cruise. While it was a refreshing change from our first cruise... it was a little on the "boring" side. We still had an amazing time... but the memories that I have from that cruise are rather foggy because we didn't really do much, and everything just blended together.

This upcoming cruise, we feel, will be our "romantic cruise". We booked the Legend specifically because we read that it was one of the most romantic ships in the fleet- smaller, elegant, more intimate. We booked with "my time" dining because, unlike our other cruises, we wanted to sit alone at dinner every night, and have the night to ourselves.

I am currently make up a list of all the things to do/try on this cruise, and I got to wondering... what are the most romantic activities/things to do on a Carnival cruise? DH and I have never had a "day at sea" on a cruise before, and we will have 2 this time. Because of this, we never really took advantage of the activities offered on board. Are there any that you would consider to be romantic?

Also, for past Legend cruisers... are there any places on the Legend that are particularly romantic?

Thank you in advance!

Order flowers, Champagne & Choc. Strawberries, couples massage. Rent a car and go for a drive in G.Cayman. Scuba in Roatan, private beach in Belize, parasail in Coz...

Have fun and watch out for Balcon-knees!

dk

I also suggest the couples massage, maybe even couples manicures and pedicures if you're both up for that.

I'd also recommend a night at the Steakhouse (if Legend has one- I'm not sure.).

Also, you could plan your own romantic activities for your stateroom. Without going into too much detail, DH and I brought along some "games" that we purchased at Frederick's of Hollywood. They were lot a fun, but still very romantic.

Not necessarily romantic, but a lot of fun for a couple. Go to the Newlywed Game if they have one. I always get a lot of laughs especially from the older couples. Plus sometimes, just getting to enjoy stuff together without kids is romantic.

Just got back from the Valor. On ship, the most romantic was a trip to Scarlet's Steak House. Fabulous meal in a very relaxing atmosphere. Our table was tucked away at the back of the restaurant and it was very intimate.

Off ship, we took a seaplane tour of Isla Roatan before landing on a deserted island for an hour of pure relaxation.

100_3112.jpg

100_3106a.jpg

Just got back from the Valor. On ship, the most romantic was a trip to Scarlet's Steak House. Fabulous meal in a very relaxing atmosphere. Our table was tucked away at the back of the restaurant and it was very intimate.

Off ship, we took a seaplane tour of Isla Roatan before landing on a deserted island for an hour of pure relaxation.

100_3112.jpg

100_3106a.jpg

I was thinking of booking this very same 'adventure' for our day in Roatan as it will also be out 10th anniversary. It sounds like you would recommend it? The site says this excursion is 2 hours..how long flying vs. being able to relax on the island. And, was it really 'deserted'? Were there other people there? I'm trying to decide if it is worth the expense.

I was thinking of booking this very same 'adventure' for our day in Roatan as it will also be out 10th anniversary. It sounds like you would recommend it? The site says this excursion is 2 hours..how long flying vs. being able to relax on the island. And, was it really 'deserted'? Were there other people there? I'm trying to decide if it is worth the expense.

This was by far the best excursion we did. The island was completely deserted. The package gives you about 45 mins on the island but you can extend in 30 min increments for $30 per half hour. We extended by 30 and it was completely worth the additional money. He said that most people get there and go "Wow" and wish they had extended. I thought it might have been a sales ploy but he was right on the money! The extension has to be agreed in advance as they won't bring anyone else out there while you're there.

The pilot takes you along one side of the island and gives you the tour and speech of what's what. He then lands and goes off and sits as far away from you as possible giving you as much space as possible. Total flight time was about an hour and he goes the other way around the island on the way back.

It was breathtaking!

Easy tips on how to rev up the Romance.

1. Contact your hotel or resort ahead of time and to have

flowers and champagne waiting in your room upon arrival.

2. Book a couple massage at the hotel spa or in the privacy

of your room on the first day of your gateway. It will immediately

put you in the mood for a relaxed and indulgent vacation together.

3. If your room has a balcony, stay in one night and order room service.

Candles, music, and a bottle of champagne under the stars will make for

an unforgettable evening.

4. Try an outdoor activity that's new to you both. Getting out

of your comfort zone and exploring something new will help you

see one another in a new light and will remind you of all the

reasons you fell in love in the first place.

5. If this is a second honeymoon, consider renewing your

marriage vows. Many resorts can arrange the details, no

matter how simple or extravagant you want to be.

Archived