Taxi Tour Cost

sbnuggie

Howdy,

If I were to step off the ship and flag down, or be flagged down by a taxi/guide, how much would I expect to pay for a private tour of the island? Including a stop on the east side, west side snorkle maybe a stop at ruins. 3-4 hours? Thanks

$20 to $25 an hour depending on where you encounter the taxi. More if you get a taxi from the line waiting for cruisers at the port, less if you find a taxi back "in the hood" as it were.

While I don't usually tip taxis in Cozumel, I would definitely buy the driver lunch if I hired one by the hour, and I might tip for an extra good tour.

When you leave the ship, there will be a sign posted with all the fares listed which includes island tours. You don't need to flag down a taxi, they will be lined up waiting. If you want a taxi provided tour, you have every right to expectation of having a driver with at least decent English ability, not necessarily the next driver in line. You will have a base price quoted and then additional hours are somewhat negotiable.

Archived