Samana

Grandma & Grandpa

Samana is small; where you tender you'll be close to a few modest restaurants, plus some shops geared at tourists (look for the brightly colored buildings - I think near the metal horse sculpture, across from a large park to the left of where you tender. There will also be vendors set up near the tender spot (likely to be at the "Welcome to Samana" sign on the Malecon (main street) that runs along the harbor. There are motoconchos that can take you to places within Samana, but taxis are not really prevalent. The DR is not exactly as built up as other Caribbean ports, so don't expect glitz or easy transportation or tour options.

Samana.net or something like that gives more info, but there's not a whole lot of do here unless you plan ahead. A ship's excursion or a private tour with Terry are your best options, I'd saw. If you search back a little more on this board, you'll find info. Personally, if I came in Feb., I'd do a whale excursion. If you're very adventuresome and in good shape physically, you might want to try the horseback excursion to El Limon waterfall. See my photos from Samana at http://www.pbase.com/roothy123

roothy123,

thank you for posting your photos. Very good! I also look at the ones in Antigua, Tortola and the Baths as I would want to go there too.

OP, you can also find a lot of information in this forum about going to Playa Rincon. This beach is one of the 10 most beautiful beach in the word. We are going with Casa Dorado.

Archived