What's on deck 8?

ddakrt

Looking over the deck plans, I wonder what is on the inside of deck 8?

I would assume it's too high up for crew cabins, the galley is probably on deck 5 behind Taste, what else can it be?

I would be kinda cool if it's open to deck 7, and instead of a traditional hallway you have a corridor with cabins on one side and glass/railings on the others so people on that deck and see the main public deck below.

Deck 7 also looks a lot like RCCL's Royal Promenade; it's not a straight hallway like a mall, but it seems like you can look from Bliss at the bow all the way down to Cagney's at aft.

I wonder what this area's going to look like, hopefully NCL will release more renderings soon. :)

If that area is open to deck 7 it might get a little noisy in deck 8 staterooms with nothing to stop the noise from the general hustle and bustle drifting upwards! Glad I switched from deck 8 to deck 9!

We stayed in an inside cabin on the Gem just above the two story atrium. The only noise that could be heard in the room was when a musician was playing. No hustle and bustle to be heard.

We stayed in an inside cabin on the Gem just above the two story atrium. The only noise that could be heard in the room was when a musician was playing. No hustle and bustle to be heard.

You are probably correct and there will be no problems with noise etc. I also had some concerns about the lifeboats on deck 7 (there is a seperate thread about this) which are positioned in a way that I felt would obstruct the downward view of certain deck 8 cabins. On balance, I felt that "upgrading" from a BH on 8 to a BG on 9 was worth the £40 that was being charged. I would have hated to get onboard and regret not having made the decision to move when I had the chance. In any case, I feel the higher up the ship the better.

sadly i am on deck 8 no idea it might be noisy here, just hope i either get an upgrade or something then

dave

This was all just a guess. I was just wondering aloud about what is on deck 8 since it's blank on the deck plans right now. It doesn't mean anything, any the chances of them having it open to deck 7 is pretty much 0.

Deck 8 should be fine.

Archived