Labadee Dragon's Tail and Zip Line Closed?

I'm not sure about now but we were there on fri 1/15/1010 and the dragon's tail was open but the zip line was closed.

Not to hijack--well, yeah, kind of--but Grandpafaith, will you share a thread about your experience on Labadee if you're comfortable with it? As you can see there are a lot of threads on the topic, but you seem to be one of the only people who have been there since the quake and I know a lot of people would love to hear what's really happening. If you've done so in another post, I apologize. I just haven't been able to read through all the other ones.

Thanks!

Thanks Grandpafaith. I wonder why RCCL isn't posting that info on their website? My kids want to sign up for the zipline on our upcoming cruise. I was a little concerned, so it's much easier if it is closed so we can't go. If anyone else has info, please chime in.

With all that is going on involving Haiti in general and Labadee in particular perhaps we should give them some slack before criticizing them for not immediately revising the information on their website regarding these two attractions. It may be a little unrealistic to expect them to devote a lot of time to update information about these rides when that information could change quickly. Is it really necessary that you know in advance whether or not the zipline will be operating. If you are concerned about your kids going on the zipline, will a statement from RCI that it is safe and functioning really allay your fears? If you don't feel that going on the zipline is something that you want your kids to experience, stand by your convictions and don't permit it. If you think it may be alright for them to go, why not just wait until you get to Labadee and see what the situation is. I am sure that it is a popular attraction but if they really want to go on it, surely they can put up with a bit of a wait in line.:)

I'm not sure about now but we were there on fri 1/15/1010 and the dragon's tail was open but the zip line was closed.

I called RC on 1/20/10 and asked if it would be open and able to be booked for 3/7/10 FOS. The attendant on line said they have already had inspectors there and everything was fine, so I booked it. Hope it wasnt bad info.

We were there as well on 1/18 and everything was opened in running. I think I did read somewhere that the powerboat excursion was not available but the wave runners and all the others were good to go.

What power boat excursions do they have? From the last time I was there I only remember wave runners for power watercraft.

What power boat excursions do they have? From the last time I was there I only remember wave runners for power watercraft.

They had a larger version of a cigar boat that wasn't running. It was called the 'thriller' powerboat or something similar. Compared to my visit to Labadee in 2006, the area was much more developed.

Thanks for the information. It's reassuring to know that it's been checked out already. I understand the zipline is very popular, and there are a limited number of spaces available for each time slot. If I choose to let my kids ride it, I think I should book prior to the cruise to avoid possible disappointment as it could be sold out.

I received from an online cruise reservation website a letter today and it said both the dragons' lair and the zip line was closed until it would be inspected for safety. Hope this helps.

And a couple of our friends received a website email yesterday January 22, 2010. It said their Oasis of the Seas cruise is almost here. In just two weeks their cruise on the most incredible ship ever built would begin. :confused:

The problem is it was for the Inaugural cruise they already took, 7 weeks ago, on December 5, 2009.:eek:

The timing of your email may be suspect. I hear next week they are going to switch to smoke signals to speed up communications.

They had a larger version of a cigar boat that wasn't running. It was called the 'thriller' powerboat or something similar. Compared to my visit to Labadee in 2006, the area was much more developed.

Thanks. The last time we were there I think was 2003 on Explorer. We will be there next in Febuary on Indipendence. It will be interesting to see how it has changed since then.

Archived