Quick Dream Aft Balcony Question

Gorilla579

We are considering an Aft balcony cabin on the Dream and we would like to know how much larger the balcony is compared to the standard balcony. Do the Aft cabins (8N) have lounge chairs or just the standard deck chairs? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Especially any pictures!

I do not have numbers - but the balconies are significanly larger than regular balconies. They usually have one lounger, 2 chairs and a small table.

Investigate your cabin choice carefully :o - we LOVE the aft and had a wrap on deck 8 booked for our cruise in 10 days. But....when the ship launched we saw pictures of the aft wrap cabins and balconies and the cabins are quite small - no table, chair or sofa :(. We chose to upgrade to a suite rather than keep the small cabin.

There are GREAT pictures of the Dream - including cabins - here: www.zydecocruiser.com

When I booked I was told they are a little larger. I booked an 8N aft on the Dream for our April 24th sailing. Just always look at what is above and below you before you book to make sure you are happy with your choice.

Ocean View with Cove Balcony

Category: 7C

230 square feet total

Stateroom

185 square feet

Cove Balcony

45 square feet

Window

4' W x 4' H

Ocean View with Standard Balcony

Categories: 8A 8B 8C 8D 8E 8F 8G

220 square feet total

Stateroom 185 square feet

Balcony

35 square feet

Window

4' W x 4' H

Ocean View with Aft-View Extended Balcony

Categories: 8M 8N

245 square feet total

Stateroom 185 square feet

Balcony

60 square feet

Window

4' W x 4' H

• 5 weeks later...

We just got off the Carnival Dream and we had an aft wrap on deck 7 (7454). Our friends were next to us in the aft facing cabin 7456. Of course our balcony was bigger but I was impressed with their balcony. Their balcony was deeper and much wider than the other aft facing cabins except for the one at the other end next to the other aft wrap. We've had this cabin on other Conquest class ships and the Carnival Splendor and the balcony was the same size as the other aft wraps but these were significantly larger. There were only two chairs and a small table on their balcony but there was room for a lounger.

sunlover5 - the cabin and location were great. We had the same cabin on the Freedom and just booked the starboard side for the Magic next May. The cabin is larger than the regular balcony cabins. There is no sofa but we had a small table and a chair. There are two big windows plus the door so you get a lot of light. It does not have as much traffic in the hallway since only the people in the back are those that stay there. You will hear the thrusters in the back when the ship docks but that's usually in the morning when you're getting up anyway.

Enjoy it - we do.

Archived