Chair rentals on beach in St Barts?

oshuns42

Hi! I have been researching the threads about the beaches in St. Barts. They all look magnificent. We will be there in March 2010 - I was thinking of Shell Beach or St Jean by the airport.

I've read alot about St Jean, does that beach have chair rentals, and where would be the best spot or area to be dropped off? near a restaurant?

Thanks for your help, Kathy

Hi Kathy,

Was at Shell beach last year and definately no chairs to rent and little/no shade. It is literally a shell beach so not comfy to lie on! Beach bar is extremely expensive, sure they mark the prices up for ship days too. So hope you find what you're looking for at St Jean icon7.gif.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't recall seeing chair rentals on the beach at St. Jean, but it is a magnificent beach. If you get dropped off near the airport, there's a supermarket and some places to eat across the road from the airport (I found an upscale deli-sort of place). Keep in mind that St. Bart's is expen$$ive - it's a wonderful island, nonetheless.

Enjoy,

--David

We went to Baie St. Jean. There are chair rentals at a few of the restaurants. We found a nice place that let us use their very nice bathroom facilities and they had a really nice bar and restaurant that was outdoors, but under cover. I really liked it there, but it gets very windy so you may have trouble opening the umbrella.

St. Barts is one of the best islands in the Crib. You will find chairs near Edens Point. If your on the beach walk about 5 minutes away from the runway with the sea on your left side and your there. Have fun we do...:)

• 1 month later...

Is ther a beach you'd recommend within walking distance of the dock or should we plan to take taxi?

We'd enjoy a nice lunch, rental chairs, access to restrooms if possible.

Happy to pay whatever it costs.

Thanks.

Archived