How can I get water coupons?

catharina

Hi guys

I heard american people often get water coupon for their trip.

Is there a way for Europeans to get them of are we supposed to just pay ;-)

Maybe some one over here has coupons left, any nice coupons I'll be interested in taking over

greetings

Çarina

Hi guys

I heard american people often get water coupon for their trip.

Is there a way for Europeans to get them of are we supposed to just pay ;-)

Maybe some one over here has coupons left, any nice coupons I'll be interested in taking over

greetings

Çarina

Hi Catharina

Last year (and maybe before that) people who had booked through US TAs for European sailings got vouchers for free bottles of water, to get around the issue that American are acustomed to not having to buy water. Don't know if it was only an arrangement that some US TAs had with MSC or all. Either way doesn't help you as a European. There never was a scheme for us!

The only way to get free water is to buy one of the wine packages that includes it. Either that, go for the water package at 20 euros if you drink a lot of water.

Thanks amamondo

I am thinking I will buy the 109 euro package for a bottle of wine and bottle of water every day with dinner. For 4 adults, that should be enough.

Also want to take a soda package, beer package, coktail package. That way we can choose what we want to drink, whenever.

Are these packages only sold on boarding or also later on during your cruise? It is hard to size up how many beers our party is gonna drink beforehand.

another question you may know: I know that there are beverages during breakfast (coffe tea water juice). But are there any beverages during lunch, in european sailings? Wether in the MDR or at the buffet?

Greetings

Cat

Hi again

You can buy the other drink packages at any bar during your cruise, you don't just have to buy them the day you board. Not sure about the wine package though as I've only ever bought one and that was on the first night in the restaurant. When you arrive at the terminal and get past the first stage of check in, you will find various information dsks set up. One of them will have the info and price lists of all packages including the wine ones, so you can check with them.

As for drinks included at lunch and dinner in Europe - the short answer is none. At the outdorr or indoor buffet are you can sometimes spot the occasional water dispenser but if you do it's a bonus. You can get free te and coffee at aftnernoon tea though. particularly good if you are on second sitting. It usually includes some dainty sandwiches, bixcuits and small cakes or pastries.

Yesterday I called MSC club to get my club card renew. Of course I had to send 3 emails, left 2 voice mails and finally a fax, then called them and waited for 20 minutes :mad:. Anyhow, they have to help me because I was very upset and I told them we have booked 2 cruises with them upcoming. Just before I hang up the phone with MSC club and I asked her to check if jug water is being served in the med. cruises and I heard that MSC had changed their policy recently, she asked me to hold for a monent and she asked the customer relation supervisor and the answer is YES. They will serve ice tap water if you ask, they won't do it for you automacally... Will see. I want someone actually can confirm this on board in the med.

Archived